Cheap lock-and-lock

drsolly

I was in Sports Direct today to buy a pair of mittens for when the very cold weather comes, and as I was paying for my three pair of trousers, two pair of underpants and the mittens (once I get in there a kind of red retail mist comes down over my eyes) and I saw an offer of three plastic boxes for £3. The sizes are 2350 ml, 1000 ml and 500 ml, they have the four locking flaps that you get with lock-and-lock boxes, they are branded as "Sportsdirect.com" and they claim to be "absolutely airtight". I bought one set, and they look good. And £1 per box is well cheap.

Disclaimer - I have no idea whether I have shares in the company.

I was in Sports Direct today to buy a pair of mittens for when the very cold weather comes, and as I was paying for my three pair of trousers, two pair of underpants and the mittens (once I get in there a kind of red retail mist comes down over my eyes) and I saw an offer of three plastic boxes for £3. The sizes are 2350 ml, 1000 ml and 500 ml, they have the four locking flaps that you get with lock-and-lock boxes, they are branded as "Sportsdirect.com" and they claim to be "absolutely airtight". I bought one set, and they look good. And £1 per box is well cheap.

Disclaimer - I have no idea whether I have shares in the company.

I hope they work well.

But as a Newcastle United supporter I will get mine elsewhere.. :ph34r:

cheep ones can be exellent if a little extra time is taken to prepare them. I usually remove the seal, apply a small ammount of bathroom sealent into the grove of the lid and replace the seal, I've had one of these cheep £ shop ones that come in packs of three located in the most storm battered part of a beach with no leakyness yet.