Preparing a list of caches

Hi everyone, going on Hols to NYC in feb and would like to cache whilst there. Can someone advise me how I can pre prepare a list of caches in tourist locations, so we are ready in advance?? We will be using an iPhone as a device

Thanks in advance from the beginners!! :ph34r:

You can do Pocket Queries and download them to your iPhone. I just did a Pocket Query of 1000 with Central Park as the centre point; that shows all caches within 11 miles; it will probably cover most places you will go. You could do multiple queries for other areas.

hi me & wife went to nyc last year both have iphones, but this would also work with android phones or ipod touch, before we went we got a couple of pay as you go sim cards and put those into our phones so we wouldnt get charged for roaming. then put the phones into airplane mode with wifi on. The handy thing about nyc is there is starbucks everywhere with free wifi so you can still use the geocaching app or do a pocket query, also right next to central park is an apple store with free wifi.

Dan

thats where you are wrong my garmin took about 10 mins to lock on first time I switched it on, but that was cos it thought I was still in the UK, once it worked out it was looking for different satelites then it was fine, and the iphone had no problems at all.

Dan

When you run the PQ, if you tick the box 'Is enabled' in 'That (And)' it will exclude any caches currently disabled (and which therefore may not be there). This is useful if the area you're doing the PQ on has a LOT of caches in it.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

If you don't want to pay for GSAK and use a supported browser you can use CacheList

You can create a printable list of caches and create navigation files in loc and gpx format. You can easy click on the map on geocaching.com to number next to cache and add cache to CacheList. CacheList icon will increase and you will be able to create printable list or create LOC, GPX, WPT or CSV file.