Nano caches

Hi there. I already own a few caches but trying to work out where the devil i get the magnetic ones from. When i look online as soon as the word GEO is mentioned the price seems to double. Any one know where i can buy them at a decent price or what other items work well.

I have a couple of magnetic caches planned and have bought some rare earth magnets off ebay which will be glued inside the cache. The magnets are unbelievably strong!

Hi there. I already own a few caches but trying to work out where the devil i get the magnetic ones from. When i look online as soon as the word GEO is mentioned the price seems to double. Any one know where i can buy them at a decent price or what other items work well.

Well both http://www.geotees.co.uk and http://www.ukgeocachers.co.uk are selling them for about £1.50, that's hardly gonna break the bank, and I think you'd be hard pressed to make one for much less if you have to buy a neodymium magnet, a suitable container, and some decent glue to attach the former to the latter.

Ebay is also a great source for all kinds of cache containers, especially if you want something a little different than sandwich boxes.

I've bought quite a selection of containers - including magnetic nanos complete with camoflague and logbook ready to place - from davehugon. Worth a look. (Not associated, just happy customer)

MMMMM.... I thought you 'did' own a few caches but had disabled/archived them when you 'threw your teddy out' the other day?

You are obviously determined to set caches and I applaud you for that but instead of flooding the area with magnetic Nanos why not turn your attention to 2 or 3 really good traditional caches in your favourite area with a well designed listing page encouraging visitors to come and share your enthusiasm for where they are placed.

MMMMM.... I thought you 'did' own a few caches but had disabled/archived them when you 'threw your teddy out' the other day?

You are obviously determined to set caches and I applaud you for that but instead of flooding the area with magnetic Nanos why not turn your attention to 2 or 3 really good traditional caches in your favourite area with a well designed listing page encouraging visitors to come and share your enthusiasm for where they are placed.

Legochugglers has my vote here, nanos have their place in caching but they tend to be over used and in places that don't have much appeal. You don't see many on street furniture that have favourite points do you ;-)

I do agree with the Teddy quote and thought the same, the encouragement is good because surely we want people to set caches so that we can find caches. However two thirds of the replies so far have been about something where the intention is unknown. We have here a student asking a question for simple advice and yet I feel was ranted at instead of (ok as well as) being given that advice. Quality is important and the advice in the replies is sound to me but I see a thread on quality without any replies. Quality or rather poor quality hasn't been mentioned just assumed. And yes I've found some fantastic magnetic caches (might have been shape, part of intersting game series or involved in retrieval).

Where to get them from to get back on track. Agree with either of the two UK caching sites. Otherwise you could try this site or go to a mega event.

I'm not very keen on magnetic nano caches because they are so fiddly, but I accept that sometimes there's no quick and easy alternative so I can understand that occasionally a cache is going to be a nano.

A quick Google turned up these, which look less fiddly and are surely cheap enough at 59p each. With £1.49 delivery to add on, you could get 4 for £3.85 or 10 for £7.39. No idea about the supplier and perhaps you can find the same thing elsewhere.

I'm not very keen on magnetic nano caches

Hmmmmm! I remember one on (I think) North Quay in Douglas that caused me some angst!! :( :(

"The Tongue" actually...but it was hidden on a fake nut. I think it's still there.

I also had one in a forest but that was inside an ammo box; so not hard to find (although it did fool a few!).

....and IIRC on a footpath signpost near a (?) cemetary or similar!