pocket query by placer's name?

dwmurphy

how about a feature that would allow a search by the name of the person placing multiple caches at a time in a region.

An example is GCBE59 which is number 12 in a series by the same person.

that way I can be lazy and not have to scroll through the "Table of Contents" every time to find each one.

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.

Are you talking about when you log a cache, you are logging multiple caches by the same person? You can go to their profile and click on "Hidden" to see all of the caches they've hidden.

I don't understand why you'd want that in a pocket query.

Oh, wait, you talking about in MobiPocket?

CR

72057_2000.gif

My example is of an individual who is placing up to 12 caches at a time under one series.

Instead of having to do a query by date of placement (week, month, year) I want to enter a name (Electric Shavers) and get only the caches that he has placed.

and I would like to do it without adding additional editing programs to my computer.

I know I can edit the larger list with Easygps for my GPS, but I would like to get a smaller MobiPocket ebook with just his stuff (without editing).

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.

I'm not sure, but I think TPTB are trying to get away from more detailed queries, hence the push toward GPX.

I don't know, but I think it would be fairly trivial for either Lil Devil or Fizzy to create an index of placers with their programs.

Have you tried either of their programs? I have and they both work great and much better than MobiPocket. Quite a few of us that have gone this route will never return!

Once the GPX crunching programs get more mature, I'm sure you'd be able to sort the caches, not only by distance from your home, ID, or cache name, but also by distance from any cache in the file, found or not found, the ones you own, difficulty, type or size, and yes, by placer/owner.

Eventually, you'll only need one for the locationless caches (if you go after them), one for all of the caches in your area, and whatever one's you might want in an area that's not local.

CR

72057_2000.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

Once the GPX crunching programs get more mature, I'm sure you'd be able to sort the caches, not only by distance from your home, ID, or cache name, but also by distance from any cache in the file, found or not found, the ones you own, difficulty, type or size, and yes, by placer/owner.

Distance from home? Check.

ID? Check.

Cache name? Check.

Distance from any cache? Check.

Found? Check.

Difficulty? Check.

Terrain? Check.

Hider? Nuts, but it *is* on my TODO.

Direct PDA output? Not yet.So, it looks like Watcher does almost everything you listed, but only on Windows PCs. You'd need to use one of the several methods of converting the GPX you'll export from Watcher into either a PalmDoc, HTML set (for PocketIE, Plucker, or AvantGo), or other PDA format. Still, I guess I'm not doing too poorly on my GPX application, eh?

(I'm in the early planning of making "plugins" to convert to PalmDoc, HTML page(s), and even direct uploading to GPS receivers, but that's a bit far off right now. At least the other programs can fill in very, very nicely, albeit with a bit more work.)