Geocacher Directory

southdeltan

I think it would be great to have an OPT-IN geocacher directory. If you wanted other geocachers to be able to look you up by state/country - you could opt in to the list. I suppose it could be supported alphabetically by user name.

I suggest that it's opt-in so anybody can join (or quit) the list. I THINK I saw Jeremy post that he wouldn't make a directory for players - I assume this is for privacy reasons.

I think there are a lot of people that don't mind and this would allow them to join.

It's been rather difficult to keep up with any new cachers in the state since Dan's site went down. This may help.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Duck:

Hey, I just got in from a day of caching.... give me a chance to catch my breath. icon_razz.gif

_That Quack Cacher:_

_Lone Duck_

_When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there._

But I posted that 3 days ago icon_smile.gif

Hehehe.

sd

A couple of fishing boards here in the Chicago area run on .php and have member lists. You can view these by Join Date, Number of Posts, E-Mail Address, Screen Name, Location, Website and Top Ten Posters. They can be sorted in Ascending or Descending order. It would be good to see how many people are in your area and invite them to a get-together. Not all who read these boards post on them.

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, Im just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

quote:
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68:

Not all who read these boards post on them.

Agreed. I won't speculate on the number or percent - but it is a large one.

It'd be nice to be able to look up people by area. I'm not sure why TPTB are against that - I say this because I think I saw an admin say no to a directory....

That's why I say make it voluntary - if you don't want people to know your STATE you don't have to let them.

southdeltan