Premium membership lists

PhantomODOpera

I am thinking of upgrading to Premium membership, but wanted to see what advantage the Downloadable list in Premium had over basic. More specifically, Does the Preimun LOC or GPX file have a field with the desription/comments including hints? if not what does it have that the basic doesnt other than a "bulk" download?

When you upload a cache via the cache page with the GPX file you will get cache descriptions, hints and recent logs. But that info won't show on your GPSr unless it is capable of doing paperless caching. You can also run a Pocket Querie which can give you up to 1000 caches in a single .GPX file giving you all the paperless data for each cache. So have a look at what PQs can do for you. Just keep in mind, in order to take advantage of the paperless data you have to have a unit that supports it.

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

Thanks for the reply, I've never heard the term paperless for the GPS before, My GPS has fields for Comments and descriptions- Is that what you mean? Currently I Download the LOC's merge them into 1 file then manualy add the Cache descriptions and hints to the comment field, then send it to the gps. When Im at a site I touch "more" and the 'comment' appears.

Do you think the paperless field you are talking about is the same as the comment field?