pocket queries

bubblesfly

hi i own a Garmin GPS60. i am a premium member. i created a PQ as i am under the impression that the info will be loaded into my GPS, but i cant get it to work. does it actually load the info like sizes of the cache and hints? this is the main thing i wanted. im sooo over printing pages out to take with us on our hunts, and heard PQs were the way to go. i have dnld the program 'easyGPS' and opened my PQ and then sent it to my GPS, but i am still only gettin the standard info like i was getting doin it 1 by 1. can anyone explain to me how or what im doing wrong plz. Jess

Part of your problem is that the GPS60 series is not really "paperless". It will hold the basic info, but not what later models will load.

It lead the paperless revolution, but it lacks the ability to load all of the info from a PQ. I do not know if it will/can upload field notes -- or will actually produce a field note at all.

I understand there are tricks to make it do what you want, but as I don't use one, I will defer further to those that do know. They should be along afore too long.

Good luck.

I am new to this Geocaching also.

I have the same question about PQ's. Used EasyGPS to download and got only the basic info.

Am I missing something to get the notes etc downloaded?

My GPS is GArmin 1490LMT - 2011 model.

Thanks for any comments/help!!

If I remember correctly EasyGPS won't work for uploading PQ's with all the information. Try GSAK.

As bubblesfly is a Premium Member a vast wealth of information is available to you by way of .gpx files. As mentioned previously, a GPS60 is not a "Paperless Unit". There are some software tricks that can condense some of that wealth of information into a very compact format and put it on the 60. That's still not "Paperless" really, but it's a step up. Another option is a cheap used PDA. It will store most of that wealth of cache page information, but locating the information on the PDA while at GZ is not equal to the one or two push convenience of a true "Paperless" GPS. The PDA and CacheMate are what I use.

Since xtinct4 is a Regular Member, you only have access to .loc files. There is only the bare minimum of cache information available in a .loc file. If you want access to more robust data you have to buy a Premium Membership. But as noted above, that alone is no guarantee you can actually make use of it. I do use Easy GPS to get the Cache Name, Coords, and GC# on my non-Paperless Garmin. The extra information goes to my PDA, but without a Premium Membership, there isn't any extra information.

I have the same question about PQ's. Used EasyGPS to download and got only the basic info.

If I remember correctly EasyGPS won't work for uploading PQ's with all the information. Try GSAK.

Ok - I'll download GSAK and give it a try.

My unit is a Garmin 1490 not the GPS60

Thanks for the tips!

I use EasyGPS to upload PQ's on my Etrex 30 and it downloads all the information no problem.