Why Cant Send a Caches Searches from Website to App

sotaman

I just signed up as a normal member on the website and got the app on my Iphone the ten dollar one. I see when I search for caches there is a method to send the information from the website to my Iphone. Why cant I get this feature to work? Do I need to be a premium member? What I noticed is there isnt a format beyond logging in to both accounts with the same username that would link them.

So

Is this a premium member feature?

Is it a communication based of finding eachother issue?

Please help I want to be able to send a the information from the website to my Iphone as my device.

The method for sending cache searches to the phone is through a Pocket Querie which is a benefit of Premium membership. One the PQ is generated it can be downloaded to your smart phone through the official app. Also if you have a GPSr that is paperless the PQ gives you all the cache data such as the description, hints and recent logs much like you get through the caching app.

BTW the PM is totally worth it. With the PQs you can plan a rout or make a detailed search of caches based on a number of criteria.

Please help I want to be able to send a the information from the website to my Iphone as my device.

mpilchfamily is right, Pocket Queries are a premium member feature, but you may not even need to do this. You can do a search from within the iPhone app for nearby geocaches, and it will automatically download the required information and allow you to navigate to it. You would only need to use Pocket Queries if you were going to be caching in an area without cell phone reception. If you use the built-in search, this is probably all you need to go out and make your first find.

You are mistaken that the ipone is only good for 55 ft. Mine often takes me to 1 metre which is 3 feet.

They are not mistaken. Your iPhone may often get you to within 1 meter, but the LISTED accuracy in the app never gets that good. With my 3g, it never got better than about 40m. My 4s gets down to about 5m. Depending on which model of iPhone you use, and many other criteria (strength of cell reception, view of the sky, etc.), your accuracy will vary greatly. In practice, though, with either phones or GPSrs you will almost always be more accurate than the listed accuracy. I've had many times where my GPSr took me right to the cache, even though the accuracy was as bad as 20m.

I'm not a premium member and I find the easiest way to pull up a hide in the app that you found on your computer (especially if the cache is not near you) is to pull it up by GC code. The splash screen of the app allows you to search by a cache's GC ID which you will find in the upper-right hand corner of each cache listing if viewing from a desktop. Not as simple as just sending it to your phone but not too big a deal either

Thanks every one I have the 3GS iPhone and my wife has the for better get to work tonight and have her get the app. This should help then. We have kept our searches to stuff we can ID from the description and stuff so far havent ventured deep into the woods yet mainly doing urban stuff right now. I just hate when I am standing still and the distance is changing from 60 feet sometimes to 100 and in a different direction. FRUSTRATING!!!!

In the app: Search/Advanced Search/Location, change the 'Current Location' to where you like, for example city name and Search. That search you can save (disket icon up right) to a new list or to an existing list.

Or if you use the GC-code search just for one cache, you can search caches close to that one: go to the cache's main tab and scroll down. Tap 'Find Geocaches Near This One'. That search you can again save to the phone.

So basically you don't need pocket queries or computer at all for searching and saving caches.

Edited by Keokas