Who found the most caches in 2011?

qrang

It was a surprise to see you managed to produce a list that had my name worthy of a mention at all, even if it was just a few lists relating to US caching.

I doubt I'm ever going to be in the running for finding the most caches in the US but getting further up the list of "most states cached" is a possibility. It would be good to cache further west and in New England, and good to finally tick off West Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware having driven diagonally across WV, side-to-side across NJ at least four times, and end-to-end across DE twice without having found a single cache in any of them.

We have 233 US finds and do not appear :( although our daughter Keebee who found them with us does :blink:

Our statistics are hidden so I guess that maybe why. They are hidden as it throws up some odd items like the travelling cache at the 1st UK Mega, that normally lives in Texas. I got GS to remove the Souvenir (whatever happened to them) and corrected its location in GSAK to the site of the Mega, so my stats are correct.

Perhaps there could be a category for those who have found the ten oldest active uk mainland caches B)

It would look like this:

10 caches found:

Delta68

9 caches found:

bsh92673

Mario McTavish

7 Caches Found:

aB5dEglYeS5P

Pyoung1s

6 Caches Found:

AmayaTom

FantasticCat

simwil

5 Caches Found:

Grumpy Ant

Maple Leaf

Pharisee

qrang

Rocky Balboa

Simply Paul

Stuey

Team Hippo

The Haywood Hornet

The Moor We Hunt...

Von-Horst

B) B)

Mark

It was a surprise to see you managed to produce a list that had my name worthy of a mention at all, even if it was just a few lists relating to US caching.

I doubt I'm ever going to be in the running for finding the most caches in the US but getting further up the list of "most states cached" is a possibility. It would be good to cache further west and in New England, and good to finally tick off West Virginia, New Jersey and Delaware having driven diagonally across WV, side-to-side across NJ at least four times, and end-to-end across DE twice without having found a single cache in any of them.

Some amazing numbers there.

Funny, I too am on the list; tied with team tisri with 10 US states I also found ~260 US caches in 2011 - enough to make the list, but I'm not listed.

We have 233 US finds and do not appear :( although our daughter Keebee who found them with us does :blink:

Our statistics are hidden so I guess that maybe why. They are hidden as it throws up some odd items like the travelling cache at the 1st UK Mega, that normally lives in Texas. I got GS to remove the Souvenir (whatever happened to them) and corrected its location in GSAK to the site of the Mega, so my stats are correct.

You are correct. The lists are compiled from the information shown on the statistics tab. If this is turned off you will not show up in the lists.

You are correct. The lists are compiled from the information shown on the statistics tab. If this is turned off you will not show up in the lists.

I had 262 US finds in 2011. My stats are visible, and I show up on the number of states list, but not the US finds list. So I think there is an issue with the US finds stats.

I had 262 US finds in 2011. My stats are visible, and I show up on the number of states list, but not the US finds list. So I think there is an issue with the US finds stats.

That was my error. I've now updated the US numbers to include your finds

Edited by qrang

...update for goldpot on number of countries cached:

Total today reached 34.

Found caches in the UAE yesterday and in Oman today [:D] and nearly got arrested for doing so! [:o], but that's another story!

Not that I'm spliting hairs, but Luzian, at number 2, is a Swiss! :mad:

Bye for now, thinking of you all back in freezing cold Blighty. :P

Fudgeman had a great start to 2012, 651 finds in January, 756 to date. :anitongue:

Thanks for the info, have updated the 2012 list

...update for goldpot on number of countries cached:

Total today reached 34.

Found caches in the UAE yesterday and in Oman today [:D] and nearly got arrested for doing so! [:o], but that's another story!

Sneaky way of adding countries! And I thought we were catching you up

Doesn't make the Feb 3rd cutoff date so will be shown on the next update