JANUARY 2012 Photo Competition ( make us Smile )

A big thank you to martlakes for choosing my photo for the December competition. :blink:

so this month , the winning photo will be the one that puts a "SMILE" on my face , its as simple as that , you can do what ever takes your fancy ( as long as its legal )

you have until the 31st of January 2012 to upload your best shot ,

so get snapping , give us all a laugh , will it be one of your team sliding down a bank on their bum or you planking a trig-point ?

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload it to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, view your log (not the cache page) click & display the photo, then copy the URL to provide a link. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Edited by little-leggs

Here are a few from recent adventures:

58ae6e25-f312-43dc-a10c-fa2f476bbc22.jpg

From Stone Face in New York.

d0a98db6-d8af-41b5-9e83-2e5fe9fc0344.jpg

At Heybridge Basin in Essex, during my very big day out on the shortest day of last year.

9abc2473-346e-4c0c-81a5-c3e61792d684.jpg

Being 'Simply Poole' at Dorsetgal's Dorset Cachers Christmas / Geolympix Countdown #7 last month.

54b954b8-179e-4141-9e21-c2cffed047d0.jpg

One from an early morning caching run in Berlin, heading to 1. Berliner Webcam.

Edited by Simply Paul

Some great pictures so far. After Haggis Hunter's appeal I thought I might add a couple:

1e2d3332-ba84-40b0-b8ab-7454c60f57b3.jpg?rnd=0.9894329

This one was on a grand day out at Thornhill GC32ZE3 A Day out in the Country

f66e2d88-e156-416c-893f-065481b4ce17.jpg?rnd=0.1911891 Hobgoblin junior playing with TB3EBX8

ac536717-eb53-4557-a3aa-7ea210da2886.jpg The other HGKF junior at Backmuir Bakes and Cakes

8ae45f3a-0608-429e-a1ee-c496a8b92377.jpg

Here she is again at the Haggis Hunter Tribute Cache

Ive heard of round bale rolling , but never round bale planking

only a couple of days left .. please lets see someone face down in a puddle , or ripping their trousers whilst getting over a barbed wire fence ( I know your not meant to have to climb over fences ) but we all do it ?

Best I can do....apparently it hurt!

..and I'd just slipped down the same banking

imag0294k.jpg

JANUARY'S winner is The Frosties

we all loved this one .. thank you everyone who took the time to upload their photos ( It was hard , but there can only be one winner )

Edited by little-leggs