problem discovered while entering HTML in hint box

cycyclist

I need your help to solve this one. I was entering an a href tag in the hint box, submitted it, realized the link wasn't working, went back in to correct the problem, discovered I had left out a quote mark, corrected it and then couldn't find the submit button. It wasn't there. The hint edit box was the last thing accessible on the edit cache page. ALL the code had been sucked into the hint box as if I had entered it....including the disclaimer, travelbug info and other footer info. The cache is Gerle Mermaid GCDE30

HOW do I, If I can, correct this?

Brian

I'm in need of direction, I can't see the satelites for the trees there.

[This message was edited by cycyclist on August 17, 2003 at 08:16 AM.]

Interesting! I think your best bet is to contact admin and ask them to sort it out.

I notice that the cache page is screwed up if the hint is encrypted, but the page looks nearly normal if you decrypt the hint. While you're waiting for a reply from admin you could try decrypting the hint then choosing edit on the decrypted page. It probably won't help at all, but it'll give you something to do while you're waiting. icon_wink.gif

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

It wasn't a big deal I don't think. You did not have a word in there for the link to act on, so I added the words "Terraserver image". That seemed to bring the page back into alignment. Your HTML looked good, but you did need a word there for the link to act on. I also added the tag target="new" so the link would open into a new browser window.

I hope that is what you were looking for.

Thank you MTN-MAN

I was trying to correct that but the web site didn't have a button I could click on to correction the mistakes.

What kind of safeguards could be put into place to prevent that from happening? Could an alternate button be placed at the top of the page......EARLIER in the code?

Brian

I'm in need of direction, I can't see the satelites for the trees there.