Final Cache Placement for Puzzle Cache or Night Cache

Team Zoinks!

Puzzle Caches...

I have a puzzle cache that I am working on and am wondering about placement distance. I know for physical caches the distance is .10 miles apart but when you are placing a puzzle cache since the coordinates are unknown is the distance still a requirement? On the same page if that is still a requirement can I list what would be too close coordinates as the published coordinates as long as the final is farther away. I'm asking because there is a landmark that I would like to either publish the coordinates of as the published coordinates or place the final near there but there is a traditional cache nearby.

Night Caches...

Basically the same scenario. I would like to have the starting place for a night cache in the parking lot of a park. Can either the final cache or the starting coordinates be closer than the .10 distance?

Both of these will take quite a bit of prep work before submission so I want to make sure that I don't have a problem beforehand.

Hope all that makes sense!

I think I found my answer but would just like to confirm...

Looks like I can use the too close coordinates for the published coordinates on the puzzle and the starting point for the night cache but would need to send the reviewer a note with the final cache coordinates to make sure they meet the .10 distance. Hope I have that right!

Thanks!

Looks like I can use the too close coordinates for the published coordinates on the puzzle and the starting point for the night cache but would need to send the reviewer a note with the final cache coordinates to make sure they meet the .10 distance. Hope I have that right!

Thanks!

I am assuming that you found the answers in the Guidelines:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=304

You should communicate with your local reviewer, even prior to submitting the cache pages for review, and I'm sure he or she will be more than willing to help clear up any confusion.

Thanks!

You can put the coordinates in the extra waypoints table and then hide them. You and the reviewer can see them, but others can not. I suspect most reviewers want that information given to them in that fashion so their proximity checking software will be able to check distances.

Thanks folks. I went and found the perfect place for the final and now that I am getting the listing ready it does alert you for the waypoint of the final.

No, you need to enter it as an extra waypoint. You, of course, will hide the coordinates. If you don't enter it your reviewer will alert you when they disable your cache and ask you to enter that information.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it is the only one I found that asks the question I'm looking for the answer for.

Can the final of a night cache be closer than the standard 1/10 mile distance?

The link in the reply above no longer works. I found the guidelines for night caches, but it didn't specifically answer this:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=69

21 minutes ago, Highlands_Guy said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it is the only one I found that asks the question I'm looking for the answer for.

Can the final of a night cache be closer than the standard 1/10 mile distance?

The link in the reply above no longer works. I found the guidelines for night caches, but it didn't specifically answer this:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=69

My understanding is night caches are similar to any other multi.

The final (the container) still has to abide by proximity rules to other caches in the area.  The tacks don't, as they fit into the "virtual" part of a stage.

Your understanding is correct.  The final is treated as the final state of any multi.   The tacks are not taken into consideration.  It's the only exception I can think of to the "if you put it there, it is not a virtual stage" rule.  I guess the it was decided that idea of waypointing every single tack was a bit silly. 

I also kind of figured that tacks are intended to be used on trees and least damaging as possible, and they're often used for non-geocaching as well, so they're relatively ubiquitous.  Also way too many waypoints. :)
But if you put something like a container stage at a tack, then that would need to be a waypoint.