Premium member caches

Team Donna4n

Hi,

I use the iPhone 4 for Geocaching but haven't been a Premium member for very long. Premium member caches only aren't showing up when I search for caches using my phone. Am I being very thick or does the iPhone not actually show these caches?

I also don't understand the souvenir bit :-(

Are the supposed to show up too? We are contemplating getting a proper gps device as there's many a time when my phone just has no signal and it spoils the planned day of Geocaching.

I'd appreciate any advice. Many thanks, Donna

Hi,

I use the iPhone 4 for Geocaching but haven't been a Premium member for very long. Premium member caches only aren't showing up when I search for caches using my phone. Am I being very thick or does the iPhone not actually show these caches?

Are the supposed to show up too? We are contemplating getting a proper gps device as there's many a time when my phone just has no signal and it spoils the planned day of Geocaching.

You could try logging in again. Try the following:

-In the Geocaching app, tap "Menu" at the very top, then "Settings"

-Tap "Change User" in the first section

-Put in your username and password, then tap "Sign In"

-When the screen comes up asking for authorization, tap "Allow access"

You can then back out, and try your search again. Let us know whether this works or not.

Hi,

You can then back out, and try your search again. Let us know whether this works or not.

Hi,

As with everyone else I've been using the iphone app for awhile but have only recently upgraded to premium.

I'm having the same issue but have tried all the tips in the forums without success in seeing the premium caches. I've logged out, logged back in, completely closed out of the app and shut off the phone thinking a reset would help - then log back in and nothing changes. I can see the premium caches if I look by the specific GC#, but if I do a search by name - it comes up with zero results. Searching for nearby caches or by focusing on the area on a map, the premiums are not shown. With searching I've made sure too that my search criteria includes all.

I'm out of ideas, and I'd really love to just be able to search for nearby caches and see the results including the premium caches.

As with everyone else I've been using the iphone app for awhile but have only recently upgraded to premium.

I'm having the same issue but have tried all the tips in the forums without success in seeing the premium caches. I've logged out, logged back in, completely closed out of the app and shut off the phone thinking a reset would help - then log back in and nothing changes. I can see the premium caches if I look by the specific GC#, but if I do a search by name - it comes up with zero results. Searching for nearby caches or by focusing on the area on a map, the premiums are not shown. With searching I've made sure too that my search criteria includes all.

I'm out of ideas, and I'd really love to just be able to search for nearby caches and see the results including the premium caches.

Perhaps there aren't many PM only caches near you?

I've just done a Search for all caches near to your first find "D.I.P." - The nearest PM cache I see is "Memorial Day" GC3MA4R, then GC1JD2B, GCZPMB, GC1HEJM, GC3F2AQ, GCXWAY. That's all there are within the 10 miles radius.

Sorry I can't help as I don't use the iphone but maybe someone else can sort it out for you.

MrsB

Perhaps there aren't many PM only caches near you?

I've just done a Search for all caches near to your first find "D.I.P." - The nearest PM cache I see is "Memorial Day" GC3MA4R, then GC1JD2B, GCZPMB, GC1HEJM, GC3F2AQ, GCXWAY. That's all there are within the 10 miles radius.

Sorry I can't help as I don't use the iphone but maybe someone else can sort it out for you.

MrsB

Thanks for trying MrsB

"Memorial Day" is actually what had me notice the glitch. I had found yesterday on the computer and headed to the direction of the cache with my iphone and thats when I noticed the iphone wasn't finding it. (I can pull it up if I search directly for the GC# but thats it) I then noticed another a bit away called ""Wash" You Were Here!" GC3F7K3 and had the same scenario where I could view it on the website but the iphone isn't locating it in basic searches. I'm leaving tomorrow on a road trip through a few states and really don't want to miss a good cache along the way.

This did not seem like a feature or bug, so I tossed to the How do I forum to see if others can help.

Thanks - wasn't sure how to move the thread myself.

I was able to solve the problem by deleting the geocaching app and reinstalling it. Thanks for everyones help.

This did not seem like a feature or bug, so I tossed to the How do I forum to see if others can help.

Thanks - wasn't sure how to move the thread myself.

I was able to solve the problem by deleting the geocaching app and reinstalling it. Thanks for everyones help.

This seems like it would be a bug in the iphone app, doesn't it?