Insightful view of a non cacher

Presence

ME: We went out in the 35F weather today and found 7 caches on the side of the mountain! I swear this game is going to be the death of me. All to sign a piece of paper saying I was there.

FRIEND: You could do the same with a sharpie on a bathroom wall..............

ME: <_<

I hope that made you smile.

One of the forum signatures that cracked me up:

"If you want to score points on some geeky Internet game, for going places, play FourSquare"

I would agree with that one. The geocaching that I know and love is not a geeky internet game. It is a challenging outdoor game.

It's not? :huh: Well, there go my geek street creds! What do I do now??

"If you want to score points on some geeky Internet game, for going places, play FourSquare"

I would agree with that one. The geocaching that I know and love is not a geeky internet game. It is a challenging outdoor game.

1) Get all geeky on the internet and build a pocket query

2) Get into the challenging outdoors and find those caches! :)

3) Get all geeky on the internet and log your finds.

4) Get all geeky on the internet and hang out in the forums.

1) Get all geeky on the internet and build a pocket query

2) Get into the challenging outdoors and find those caches! :)

3) Get all geeky on the internet and log your finds.

4) Get all geeky on the internet and hang out in the forums.

5) Get all Geeky playing with GSAK to find out your caching statistics. :laughing:

ME: We went out in the 35F weather today and found 7 caches on the side of the mountain! I swear this game is going to be the death of me. All to sign a piece of paper saying I was there.

FRIEND: You could do the same with a sharpie on a bathroom wall..............

ME: <_<

I hope that made you smile.

That only counts as a find at event caches, and in certain states.

I was telling a person what I was planning to do one weekend last summer. She looks at me and goes, "Oh honey there are safer ways to get tupperware. I can just buy you a couple pieces if you need it."

:laughing: Oh honey, lol. I would hate to be so in need of tupperware that I'd have to wander around and take them out from under bridges and bushes. Just, wow, lol.

Yesterday I went caching and had a non-caching friend along. He was at the bottom of this giant sand hill talking to people and I went up top to look for the cache. When I came back down, the people were like "Oh! What was it?" and so I told them about the container and stuff and they were like "That's it? For all that you should have gotten 10 dollars!" which was like, well, yes I would've liked 10 bucks for climbing up there because it was hard for me, but that wasn't the point.... I had challenged myself to climb up to the top (granted, if the cache wasn't there I might've turned around, lol) and I made it and saw some cool things! I want to climb back up and look around some more (even if it does wind me quite badly) :)