Problems with Iphone App V4.2.2

albal14

Dear all,

The version of the app on my iPhone (v4.2.2) no longer seems to 'see' geocaches. It can map my current location but cannot find any geocaches despite there being many within a 0.5 mile of me (I've checked on the website). I last used it earlier in 2011 and it worked fine.

Is this because the version is old? There doesn't seem to be an update for the app so I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to have to buy it again.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Hi - thanks for your reply!

It's the paid app which I bought in 2010. Not sure what the problem is and I'm pretty sure I've updated it every time it has required an update via the App Store. Quite reluctant to have to buy it again. (sigh!).

I've been searching the website and I can't find any info on how to resolve this. Any folk able to offer some advice?

Thanks in advance!

If you delete it and then download it again, it will tell you that you have already paid for the item. Don't know if this will solve the problem, but hopefully will put your mind at rest about paying for it again!

(This is assuming it is still the same phone as you originally installed the app on - not sure if it is an upgrade)

Dear all,

The version of the app on my iPhone (v4.2.2) no longer seems to 'see' geocaches. It can map my current location but cannot find any geocaches despite there being many within a 0.5 mile of me (I've checked on the website). I last used it earlier in 2011 and it worked fine.

Is this because the version is old? There doesn't seem to be an update for the app so I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to have to buy it again.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

There has been many many updates to the app since then, all through the standard updates procedure.