New feature suggestion: Queries on the move?

PalmNut

I often find myself in a new town and sometimes new country with an unexpected day or two to amuse myself. All I have with me is my iPaq PDA and my mobile phone. Web-surfing using the PDA/phone is difficult to complex sites. What I need is either:

1) A cut-down (WAP?) web access point to search the cache database.

or

2) The ability to email in a latitude/longitude and receive an email reply with a list or nearby caches. I could then send in another email requestion details of any particular cache that takes my fancy.

Any thoughts chaps?

A problem I had with the WAP service is that it requests a three letter code for the country and there doesn't to be one that works for the United Kingdom. The obvious two letter one helpfully brings up caches in the Ukraine. Has anybody succesfully used in the UK and if so what code did they use?

Yep. Played with it this afternoon and now I know why it isn't publicisied widely.

When asked for a three letter country code type 'United kingdom' without the quotes (I know what you're thinking but I can count icon_wink.gif

You'll get about 10 caches, most of which show stupid positions (like N/S 50.0 E/W -1.0).

This service needs updating - the database seems miniscule and corrupt and the user needs to be able to enter a lat/long and radius. Whole country listings are next to useless.