COMPLETED (32885) - [BUG] map BUG ... just started last night at midnight

kantear

the map keeps getting a popup window even after restarting it ...

383102_2365866548947_1318911953_31896368_427882410_n.jpg

seems to be happening at random intervals around 5-10 minutes and seems to pause longer every so often... it started at first midnight 2012. so i can only assume that someone was wishing a "happy new year" ... well back at ya ... but now it won't stop.

Edited by kantear

seems to be happening at random intervals around 5-10 minutes and seems to pause longer every so often... it started at first midnight 2012. so i can only assume that someone was wishing a "happy new year" ... well back at ya ... but now it won't stop.

I was getting the same today, it does seemed to have stopped now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

(restarted thread correctly)

Ok, I was getting that too! I was at work (shh!) - we use FireFox. I also use FireFox at home and... checking... it doesn't seem to be happening here (although they may have sorted it out already - I'm not going back to work to find out!)

Edit to add: Five minutes later the "Yes" window did pop up. :(

Edited by 6NoisyHikers

i see you use google chrome, did you try other browser, i'm not getting that in FF?

anyway, i find that popup hilarious lol

I get it in FireFox but it does not have the x out window like on Internet Explorer. Does not do much except when you agree with it it jumps you out of the tab your in and back to a previous tab on your screen.

Yep - happening here too. I had one window open with the Beta Map, and was composing a log in the other window when it suddenly popped up. Not over the map....over the log!

It is getting as much fun as the Magellan Communicator asking if I wanted to upgrade to a newer version time and time again....even though I have done so. More than once, I might add!

Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 on the two computers we were using.

Edited by popokiiti