New maps

team tisri

mikenjess: The checkbox doesn't make it go away? Do you have cookies turned off?

-Raine

My box at work kills cookies off from time to time, and they also just seem to expire on their own -- the beta popup came up on our laptop at the house after we'd been gone for three weeks. Or maybe it comes back up when you've logged out from anywhere and then log back in, we were using public computers while we were gone.

Bottom line is, I don't see how this is a "beta" map anymore -- it's the default map, and has been so for months now. The popup was needed when it was actually a beta map, an maybe it was needed for the first couple months it was the "new" map, but now it's just the map.

mikenjess: The checkbox doesn't make it go away? Do you have cookies turned off?

-Raine

Sorry Raine, I didn't see your question until today :) Yes, my cookies are wiped every time I shut down. It helps keep things running smoothly and is only ever a problem for this annoying pop up. (As it was so annoying, I now have a macro set up to run through the whole logging on system for me with one click! How lazy)

Bottom line is, I don't see how this is a "beta" map anymore -- it's the default map, and has been so for months now. The popup was needed when it was actually a beta map, an maybe it was needed for the first couple months it was the "new" map, but now it's just the map.

Exactly. Whether or not people accept cookies, the pop up needs not be there. Let's remove it now! :)