can I unarchive a cache?

continental drifter

A cache of mine that I thought went missing due to several DNF's was archived by the reviewer.I never went out to make sure that it was really gone and not misplaced. I know bad form on my part. If I go out and locate it and the log is still with it can I have this cache reactivated with all the stats in place? Turns out after archiving a few people have found this cache.

Edited by continental drifter

You need to email a local reviewer, and include the GC Code in that email. They can unarchive the cache (though they may not, depending on circumstances)..

Re what Spatial Distortion wrote, you can't log a Reviewer note on your cache once it's been published. And even if you could, reviewer notes are not forwarded to reviewers.

Yes, you can have a cache un-archived.

Just post a reviewer note (just like logging a cache - just choose the "post a note to reviewer)

and explain the situation.

Always include the GC# when communicating with a reviewer. It simplifies the reviewers life :)

hope that helps.

Gary

that option is only available if the cache has not been published yet

Yes, you can have a cache un-archived.

Just post a reviewer note (just like logging a cache - just choose the "post a note to reviewer)

and explain the situation.

Always include the GC# when communicating with a reviewer. It simplifies the reviewers life :)

hope that helps.

Gary

Most likely, a reviewer will not see your reviewer note if the cache is already published. Find the published log, which is usually the first log on the cache page, click the publishing reviewer's nickname, and use the send message utility to send a message requesting it to be unarchived.

It will be essential to include the cache GC Code (GC?????) in your message.

As one of the DNFs, I'm sorry to see it archived. A beautiful spot. But the problem seems to be that it's sharing its spot with another cache (according to one of the logs). Curious since the next nearest cache is .2 mile distant. Might someone have moved it that far? If so, you should be able to retrieve the container, and return it to the original spot, and get it reactivated by e-mailing the reviewer. Good luck. I'd love to go back and find it!

Someone hid the final stage of a multicache near the OP's archived cache. That both explains the recent finds, and also explains why the archived listing cannot be unarchived. Caches are reviewed under current guidelines before being unarchived. In addition, if the cache has been archived for an extended period of time, the reviewer will often recommend submitting a new listing.

Someone hid the final stage of a multicache near the OP's archived cache. That both explains the recent finds, and also explains why the archived listing cannot be unarchived. Caches are reviewed under current guidelines before being unarchived. In addition, if the cache has been archived for an extended period of time, the reviewer will often recommend submitting a new listing.