IPAD

DAZNAE

Popoki Nui just picked up an iPad, and put the paid app on. That was already on the iTouch, so there was no need to pay twice. Not sure if you have to find the free app on www.geocaching.com, but I'll see if I can get the info.

Happy Caching New Year!

Edit to add - Here Ya Go... Geocaching Apps for iEverything

If my link doesn't work, follow the link to Geocaching Applications from the Geocaching Home Page - top right. This is the paid app, $9.99 USD.

Edited by popokiiti

Awesome, thank you very much. Have a happy new year :-)

They are for the iPhone and iPod touch. I dont think they work for iPad :-(

But thanks anyway :-)

The app works just fine on my iPad. Since it is designed for the iPod Touch, it is native in the smaller size, but on the iPad, you have the option to make it 2x larger (which fills the iPad screen) The only problem is that at the larger size, the resolution is not as sharp. However, it is very readable and works great. Hopefully at some point there will be a version that is native for iPad. But, it's a good app either way.

Edited by a2n

Awesome, thank you very much. Have a happy new year :-)

They are for the iPhone and iPod touch. I dont think they work for iPad :-(

But thanks anyway :-)

The app works just fine on my iPad. Since it is designed for the iPod Touch, it is native in the smaller size, but on the iPad, you have the option to make it 2x larger (which fills the iPad screen) The only problem is that at the larger size, the resolution is not as sharp. However, it is very readable and works great. Hopefully at some point there will be a version that is native for iPad. But, it's a good app either way.

Yep works fine on my iPad2 as well I would like to see an iPad native app so the resolution doesn't suffer but it's a handy app non the less. Worth the few bucks I paid for it. Now I'm paperless woohoo!

I just bought an ipad2 without 3G. Does this app also work there with the wifi version?

Yes it does. But because of how he so called "gps" works it can't be used reliable at GZ to find a cache.

I use mine in a car mount system with my 4g hotspot. I use it to log my caches once I found them, as well as to search for caches that I wish to go out and find. I then use my Garmin GPS and IPhone 4s to find the actual cache at GZ.

When I fly, I use the Dual Bluetooth GPS receiver with the iPad, as it's the only FAA aproved mapping method. Even if you have a iPad 3G unit.

The dual Bluetooth gps receiver is only $89-99 depending on where u find it.

Using the app on the iPad is still usefull, even though you still need another gps unit, and even though the app still runs in compatibility mode.

Hope that helps you.

BTW.... I use a griffin survivor case on my iPad. It protects the iPad against more sever drops and moisture. Although not waterproof. If you want to use your iPad in "nature" then I would recommend a tougher more devnturous type case. The survivor case has kept me from. Using my iPad drops on more than one occasion.

Tgc

I also use my iPad and can't wait when the app will be native to the iPad. I would also like to be able to use it in landscape mode.

Ok,

For all of us who have been waiting, and Groudspeak even suggested in a post that another vendor may create an app...IGEOPAD, has been released for the IPad .

I downloaded it Thursday and it is great!

Well worth it.