Best Coin you received in 2011

JoenGPS

What was the one, absolutely, best coin you received in 2011? A gift, a purchase ,a mystery coin? Perhaps an unactivated keeper from a cache ? Lets's hear it :D

A Happy New Years to all of you and your families who gather here in this forum!

We hope the "the shiny object" of your desire finds it way to you in 2012!

====

What was ours? A coin Sue spotted at GCF this year in SC she fell in love with. Two legendary coiners took the building apart brick by brick to find the coin which had been long sold out. An impossible task! Miraculously, unbelievably, they found one and gifted it to Sue the last night of GCF. A never to be forgotten moment for us.

Going Coastal was the coin, AtlantaGal, (the designer) and Mustang Joni went above and beyond to make this happen. Wow..just Wow!!!!

PS: The police still will not release the details of how the coin was attained..... :lol:

What was the one, absolutely, best coin you received in 2011? A gift, a purchase ,a mystery coin? Perhaps an unactivated keeper from a cache ? Lets's hear it :D

A Happy New Years to all of you and your families who gather here in this forum!

We hope the "the shiny object" of your desire finds it way to you in 2012!

====

What was ours? A coin Sue spotted at GCF this year in SC she fell in love with. Two legendary coiners took the building apart brick by brick to find the coin which had been long sold out. An impossible task! Miraculously, unbelievably, they found one and gifted it to Sue the last night of GCF. A never to be forgotten moment for us.

Going Coastal was the coin, AtlantaGal, (the designer) and Mustang Joni went above and beyond to make this happen. Wow..just Wow!!!!

PS: The police still will not release the details of how the coin was attained..... :lol:

I have to say, that was all AtlantaGal. I was prepared to bail her out of jail! LOL

She was also instrumental in getting me a coin that was on my coin bucket list...a Moun10Bike!

She really has a heart of gold!

For me it is not possible to choose THE best coin in 2011. There were quite a few very very awesome new coins that I got this year for example the Migration coin, Platons Atlantis coin, the Compass Roses 2010 and 2011, Marvelous Nature, Geocoinfest EU 2011 event coin, Earth Turtle Petroglyph, Dwarven Treasure, Forest Kama, New World Order, Tree of Life Error version, Peace Night and Day just to name a few but the list would be too long. I got also were able to acquire some great coins older like the Wishing Mystery coin, Tranquility Luxury and others.

There is also another great coin that is in my list of the best coins in 2011: our personal Team Yanagi coin :rolleyes: !!

But for me and I think to many others as well the mystery coins that were gifted are the best coins. These awesome gifts truly symbolize the great spirit of our community. Here are the mystery coins I got in 2011 :D :

mysterycoins2fgmz1ly6ad.jpg

To tell the truth the Carpe Diem Coin is a very special one because it was my first mystery coin ever!

Beside these mystery coins there was another awesome gift that I got in 2011 that blew my mind:

yemonyimecr2fiqm0wk2sg.jpg

Thank you soooo much for theses gifts.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!!

I received a mittful of mystery coins this year, and I always appreciate these unexpected gifts. But my favourite coin of the year is the Delft Blau Tulp. Not only because I love Dutch coins and this completes my Delft Blau set, but because it was a completely unexpected anniversary gift from my wife after not getting selected in the lottery myself.