Geocacher of the month

PTBL

Only two days left for the geocacher of the month. Trying to get ElectroQTed votes. If anyone wants to vote for him go to blog.geocaching.com and put a vote in for him. Ted is well deserving of the nomination. He is one of the most recognized geocachers in Southern Ontario and one you will find at all of the events, doing CITO's or just helping out the geocaching communitiy. I believe he's down by about 7 votes, so go and vote.

I thought Ted was cacher of the month already, way back when? 2005 or 2006?

But maybe that's a moot point - maybe you can be cacher of the month more than once.

Yes, way back in 2006, Ted was Cacher of the Month on the Ontario Geocaching site:

http://www.ontgeocac...troqted/200612/

This new Cacher of the Month thingy is from Groundspeak.

In other words, having won the Provincials, he's skipped the Nationals and gone straight to International Competition. Way to go Ted!

Is there something for geocacher of the year? like if someone gets at least one cache a day for the whole year?

There are people who get WAY more caches than that....

Alamogul

While he is one VERY extreme example, there are plenty others...

Unfortunately, some of us have to work. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chief301

Holy WoW!

I was gonna try doing a cache a day on my way to and from work. Trying to get 366 for this year (2012) which happens to be a leap year.

I'm still pretty green at caching, and I thought it would be a difficult thing to do. But that guy takes the cake! WoW

A cache a day is still a good goal to shoot for. Plenty of cachers have set that as a goal for themselves.

Could be fairly easy or very challenging depending on the cache density where you live. I know I cleared out all the available caches on my route to and from work within the first few weeks...there are only 20 or so. So I have to plan a road trip to areas I don't normally go if I want to do any caching. Kinda makes the cache-a-day thing a little difficult.