Gran Canarian Geocacher

EsbenGjetrang

Hi,

I have hidden a Geocache on the Island of Gran Canaria, in the town of Arguineguin. The cache is located at N 27° 45.910 W 015° 41.257

I am looking for someone to help me: in order for me to put the cache on Geocaching.com I need someone to be so kind and help me with maintance of the cache, when I'm absent.

If you would be so kind and reply if you are willing to help, please do so.

Kind Regards from fellow Geocacher :)

EsbenGjetrang

Edited by EsbenGjetrang

Hi,

I have hidden a Geocache on the Island of Gran Canaria, in the town of Arguineguin. The cache is located at N 27° 45.910 W 015° 41.257

I am looking for someone to help me: in order for me to put the cache on Geocaching.com I need someone to be so kind and help me with maintance of the cache, when I'm absent.

If you would be so kind and reply if you are willing to help, please do so.

Kind Regards from fellow Geocacher :)

EsbenGjetrang

Try contacting Skihasen and see if they can help

Did the reviewer told you that they wont published it because its a vacation cache?

Oink! :D That would be my guess too. :unsure:

New cacher...all full of excitement and wonder of finding caches and wants to share the joy.

Makes a mistake of placing a cache on vacation with out knowing the consequences.

Mistakes are made and lessons are learned.

Welcome to geocaching EsbenGjetrang. I am sure you will do fine and have fun with this hobby.

Did the reviewer told you that they wont published it because its a vacation cache?

Well, he told me that I would have to explain how I would get the maintenance done, when i live so far away from the caches location

You did fully read the guidelines several times, especially the section on maintenance duties(here)? Of course you did, because you ticked the box on the submission page saying you did. Therefore, you must have seen the part that said:

Because of the effort required to maintain a geocache, we ask that you place physical caches in your usual caching area and not while on a vacation or business trip. It is best when you live within a manageable distance from the cache placements to allow for return visits. Geocaches placed during travel may not be published unless you are able to demonstrate an acceptable maintenance plan, which must allow for a quick response to reported problems.

I'd strongly recommend doing some more caching before hiding any caches, and when you do hide a cache, hide it close to home so you can quickly deal with any issues. Once you have some experience with ownership, and have a good understanding of what kind of issues can arise, then you could consider hiding more caches farther away. I'd leave hiding caches in vacation spots to the locals. It isn't really fair to have another cacher take care of your cache. It would be better to let them hide it in the first place.