Pocket query download failure

Happymousefairy

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me, I've just spent an hour to no avail! I have created a pocket query and I can now find it on my iPhone app. This was quite a feat - it took me thirty minutes to get that far!

My current problem is this. When I try selecting 'Save for offline use', I consistently get the message 'list download failed. Please try again later.'

Does anyone have any suggestions for why I'm getting this error message? Has anyone else had this problem?

Apologies if this is a sily question - we got a premium membership for Christmas and we're trying to make the most of it, learning as we go. many thanks for any responses :-)

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me, I've just spent an hour to no avail! I have created a pocket query and I can now find it on my iPhone app. This was quite a feat - it took me thirty minutes to get that far!

My current problem is this. When I try selecting 'Save for offline use', I consistently get the message 'list download failed. Please try again later.'

Does anyone have any suggestions for why I'm getting this error message? Has anyone else had this problem?

Apologies if this is a sily question - we got a premium membership for Christmas and we're trying to make the most of it, learning as we go. many thanks for any responses :-)

Try logging out on the Iphone app and then logging back in. I had the same issue, I also received a premium subscription as a gift and had the same problem.

Try logging out on the Iphone app and then logging back in. I had the same issue, I also received a premium subscription as a gift and had the same problem.

Thanks for replying. I've tried that, and even deleted the app and reinstalled it, but still no joy.

I'm wondering if I should be saving the pocket query in a specific format - I *think* I've tried .loc as well as .gpx ... Anyone else want to suggest something I could try?

(Edited for autocorrect fail..)

Edited by Happymousefairy

Thanks for replying. I've tried that, and even deleted the app and reinstalled it, but still no joy.

I'm wondering if I should be saving the pocket query in a specific format - I *think* I've tried .loc as well as .gpx ... Anyone else want to suggest something I could try?

Has anyone found a solution to this? My iPod touch has worked reliably for a long time now, but for the last few weeks I have been having the same trouble. It will start to download the PQ, then die somewhere in the middle. Internet connection is stable and I have tried it from several locations. Any ideas?

Has anyone found a solution to this? My iPod touch has worked reliably for a long time now, but for the last few weeks I have been having the same trouble. It will start to download the PQ, then die somewhere in the middle. Internet connection is stable and I have tried it from several locations. Any ideas?

I was just able to download a PQ to my iPod without any problems at all. Are you using Geosphere program?

Have seen something like this before, and it keeps popping up occasionally...

The "list download failed" makes me wonder if you actually ran the PQ. Sometimes people forget to actually run the PQ and try to download the preview. Of course, there is no download, so it fails.

It happens....

Edit to add: this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=289822 also addresses this question.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I'm having the same problem (I have also deleted the app several times now). Additionally, my iphone shows "9+" saved PQs, but there's nothing there. I'm at wits end, need help ASAP. Is someone from Groundspeak monitoring this thread?