Suspicious Finds/User

AneMae

Can someone help me out here. This user, Rain_Beaux, has logged over 5000 finds in the 20 days since they have joined. 2000 finds since yesterday. They are logging finds with dates going back to 2010. I have sent them a message asking what is going on, but wanted to get some opinions here first. Could this be legitimate in anyway? Should I report this, if so to who?

Thanks,

AneMae

Can someone help me out here. This user, Rain_Beaux, has logged over 5000 finds in the 20 days since they have joined. 2000 finds since yesterday. They are logging finds with dates going back to 2010. I have sent them a message asking what is going on, but wanted to get some opinions here first. Could this be legitimate in anyway? Should I report this, if so to who?

Thanks,

AneMae

Were they always under that name or were they part of a team?

Thanks,

AneMae

It would appear that Rain_Beaux is associated somehow with Buttons and Beaux. I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on.

looks like there is a team Buttons and Beaux. maybe she just set up her own account and is transferring her finds to it.

Just a new seperate account, I think, and totally legit. I just got a find log yesterday for November, 2006 on a cache that was archived over 2 years ago. B&B as a team have almost 17,000 finds, and are No. 1 in Ontario.

I was thinking son or daughter starting an account when I got the log, but just looked at the profile now. Either way, didn't phase me in the least when I got the log. I suspect I'll be getting more.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

Thanks,

AneMae

It would appear that Rain_Beaux is associated somehow with Buttons and Beaux. I'm sure there is nothing nefarious going on.

It IS Beaux from Buttons and Beaux. They've split their account into two accounts, and she's re-logging old finds. That's all. Nothing nefarious here.

Happens all the time, but it's obviously more noticeable when someone with 17,000 finds does that.

Thanks,

AneMae

It IS Beaux from Buttons and Beaux. They've split their account into two accounts, and she's re-logging old finds. That's all. Nothing nefarious here.

Happens all the time, but it's obviously more noticeable when someone with 17,000 finds does that.

Thats the first thing that came to my mind. Happens all the time.

I figured out that's what was going on after the first few emails came in. My first though was "That's going to take a while to re-log."

Could this be legitimate in anyway? Should I report this, if so to who?

Unless they're on your own caches I wouldn't worry about how other people log/don't log/mis-log their finds. It'll just end up driving you crazy. Just take a look at what happened to some of the forum regulars. :anibad:

looks like there is a team Buttons and Beaux. maybe she just set up her own account and is transferring her finds to it.

Just a new seperate account, I think, and totally legit. I just got a find log yesterday for November, 2006 on a cache that was archived over 2 years ago. B&B as a team have almost 17,000 finds, and are No. 1 in Ontario.

I was thinking son or daughter starting an account when I got the log, but just looked at the profile now. Either way, didn't phase me in the least when I got the log. I suspect I'll be getting more.

That's a big job! I thought it was a lot when I separated from the family team account at 50 finds!!

That's a big job! I thought it was a lot when I separated from the family team account at 50 finds!!

GSAK has a macro for that!

Yes, rain_beaux logged finds on 2 of my archived caches. I wondered what was going on and emailed them. They said they were just relogging old finds on a new account.

Oh gosh, I'm up to about 10 find logs now, and about 10 watchlist caches. Nothing to see here. :lol:

I see Rain_beaux is only about 100 finds behind B&B now. I'd assume she's done. Whew, that must have been a pain.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

One obstacle I can see is logging locked caches. I have used a coin to track all of our finds, and I decided to add a couple coins to track just our milestones and just our first caches in new countries. Problem is that I ran into a few milestone caches that have been archived and locked, like the Washington A.P.E. cache. I didn't feel like coordinating with a reviewer to unlock the caches just so I could log a coin or two through, but I imagine it takes some coordination to make this happen for folks like rain_beaux.