[FEATURE] Statistics for Found/DNF percentage

dartymoor

I cannot find this statistic option available on the website or through a third party option, nor can I find it as a suggestion (although hard to define terms to search for)

A statistic for "Found/Searched".

I worked mine out by counting the smiley and sad faces in my personal "Your Geocaching Details" page.

Smiley + sad = Total searches.

Percentage found = Smiley / Total * 100 (Mine was 86%)

Percentage DNF = Sad / Total * 100 (14%)

I appreciate not everyone might want to know their 'failure rate', and that many people don't log DNFs for various reasons, but I would and perhaps I'm not the only one?

This stat could be shown on the stats page, and/or at the top/bottom of "Your Geocaching Details" page. If popular it could even be expanded into a category of its own with period detail. "You were XX successful in May" (or year)

Edited by dartymoor

I cannot find this statistic option available on the website or through a third party option, nor can I find it as a suggestion (although hard to define terms to search for)

I worked mine out by counting the smiley and sad faces in my personal "Your Geocaching Details" page.

Percentage found = Smiley / Total * 100 (Mine was 86%)

Percentage DNF = Sad / Total * 100 (14%)

I appreciate not everyone might want to know their 'failure rate', and that many people don't log DNFs for various reasons, but I would and perhaps I'm not the only one?

This stat could be shown on the stats page, and/or at the top/bottom of "Your Geocaching Details" page. If popular it could even be expanded into a category of its own with period detail. "You were XX successful in May" (or year)

I would like that! But then again, I'm a stats addict. Our success rate is 94.7% honest logging, btw and we have a couple of not-founds we loved. Shame you cannot give those a Favorite because those caches well deserved one.

Being a stats-junkie, I can see why this would interest you (and would potentially interest me as well)...

... however, I'm not sure this is as easy as you make it out. I have had some "nemesis" caches that needed half a dozen or more attempts (the record holder is one with 11 visits when I finally found it). I might log no DNF, one DNF or in some cases even more than one DNF on such a cache, but would probably not log a DNF for every attempt (also being a cache owner I appreciate DNF logs but am not sure I would want 12 of them from the same cacher on every attempt).

Besides, wouldn't you want to differentiate between caches where you first had a DNF and later a find and those where you had a DNF but haven't been back to find it succesfully?

In the end I think this statistic would depend so much on how each cacher logs his DNFs that it would be meaningless for comparisons.