Where is the "List newest in "state" Link" settings?

yawppy

Tonight was out caching, me and my buddy use geosphere, love the app, still use the official GS app, but Geosphere is just a good paperless option.

Any rate, he had gone on vaca, and while gone had no til=me to load them into G-sphere.

I told hime, just go to the profile page, and in the "search Options" box just below the favorites box is a link, that will list the newest published for a specified state, in my case it's RI.

He says it is not there, so I looked, and sure enough he had no link like mine.

I have cached since 08. Have always seen the link, so have no clue how I have it, as he wants it added.

My page has the following:

Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds).

List newest in Rhode Island

View nearby benchmarks

View nearby waymarks

View nearby challenges

His omits the first link..(In bold) yet has all the underlined links. Does anyone know where I go to add it, is there a preference setting I am missing?

K TY

Cache on!

tttt

Edited by yawppy

It's there on my 'My' page...but I am a PM. I doubt that is the issue, though.

Perhaps your friend hasn't set his home location, so Groundspeak doesn't know which state to show him?

Interesting. My page has a "List newest in United States" with United States as a link to page where I have to select a State to see a list of caches.

The list appears to be the same as when I go to the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page then select "New York" from the "by State/Province" select list. That will also give you the newest caches in a State/Province and since it will include events in the future they'll always be on top.

It's not a Premium Member feature. I used it for all the time we were Basic Members.

We've got "List newest in Ontario" in our profile search options.

This is what shows in our profile:

Search Options

Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds).

List newest in Ontario

View nearby benchmarks

View nearby waymarks

View nearby challenges

Update Home Location

Advanced Search

Edited by Pup Patrol

It's there on my 'My' page...but I am a PM. I doubt that is the issue, though.

Perhaps your friend hasn't set his home location, so Groundspeak doesn't know which state to show him?

Interesting. My page has a "List newest in United States" with United States as a link to page where I have to select a State to see a list of caches.

The list appears to be the same as when I go to the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page then select "New York" from the "by State/Province" select list. That will also give you the newest caches in a State/Province and since it will include events in the future they'll always be on top.

I have tried the advanced search, it only brings up caches nearby...and not the newest published ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also..my friend is a premium member, and has his home cords set. He's a newb, first year caching...not that that should matter, So not sure as to why he has no link on the "My" page, been scouring for a way to set it up, or perhaps this is an old feature grandfathered out?

K my next step is the support forum, was hoping there was a simple solution answer.

K TY

Was looking for the answer myself tonight and found the solution. I also didn't have the "Newest in Rhode Island" link until I went into the account details page and added my mailing address to my account profile. As soon as I saved it, the link was on my profile page. I also learned that you do not need to list your entire address, you can put just the city/state or just just the state.

Happy Caching...

Stewj

Was looking for the answer myself tonight and found the solution. I also didn't have the "Newest in Rhode Island" link until I went into the account details page and added my mailing address to my account profile. As soon as I saved it, the link was on my profile page. I also learned that you do not need to list your entire address, you can put just the city/state or just just the state.

Happy Caching...

Stewj

you only need to add your state and country, not full mailing address

Happy Caching...

Stewj

you only need to add your state and country, not full mailing address

Yep, I just tried it myself, and it's the state and country fields in the address that determine what link you get in that spot. I changed mine to Alabama, and the link changed respectively.