Why are my posts disappearing?

TJ-Tigger

I was looking at my posts as of this morning, and noticed that my count was going down. It appears to still be happening. My posts are slowly but surely being deleted from several caches? Why would this be happening? Is there a way to tell who is doing it?

No these are true caches with a container at the location. It appears only to be my posts on several different Members caches in the Iowa Area. I sign the guest book and everything. Usually I TNLN. But I had 86 caches I have found, I am now down to 77. Is there a way to find who has deleted the posts. It would be nice if you were sent an e-mail notification stating why and who did it. I would like to defend my find if I could. Here are some screen captures of the pages that have changed. My total logs should have been 88 when I logged my new find, but it was 87 and that is what tipped me off. I started to compare what was listed in my profile with what was stored in my GPS. Then I noticed that my total posts was down to 79. It is making me mad that someone would do this.

Here is the old screen cap

old.gif

Here is the new screen cap

new.gif

TPTB: The Powers That Be...

aka site admins

From your screen capture and a little poking around, it doesn't look like the caches in question were all owned by the same person... You didn't happen to annoy several cache owners recently? icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Nurse Dave & LKay:

The posts can only be removed by TPTB or the cache owner.

Also, whoever posted can delete it themselves.

Now, Im fairly certain I didn't delete your finds... TJ-Tigger, Who has access to your account??

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Team VE:

Hey Welch.. It looks like watchtower (revisited) is one of the posts that dissapeared. That's one of your caches. Any ideas of what's going on?

Actually at least two of them are mine. Is there a complete list of missing logs??

I was just quickly going off what's on the screen captures...

TJ-Tigger: You could generate the list of missing logs using Dan's Stats Page (like welch mentioned before)

Right now it looks like either the TPTB or somebody with access to your account....

Did you login from somewhere public recently? (Don't you just love web browsers that remember your password....)

----------------------------------

MnGCA-button.gif

"The number you have reached is imaginary, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again... <beeeeep>"

quote:
Originally posted by Team VE:

I was just quickly going off what's on the screen captures...

Yea I know. Of the four shown missing two are mine and two are from Timber/Bear.

quote:
Right now it looks like either the TPTB or somebody with access to your account....

Did you login from somewhere public recently? (Don't you just love web browsers that remember your password....)

Thats what I was thinking... If its not TPTB (and why they delete these?) or some admin gone rouge. Then someone got to TJ-Tigger's account. I would think it could the other way around but its at least 3to1 (The FTF log on Weasels's Madness is missing as well! icon_frown.gif).

I have not logged in from any public places. The only places that I log in would include my home PC and my work PC. Both of those stay with me. Maybe someone got into my account, but I don't know how. I will try and post a list of those that have been deleted.

Obi's Treat Cache

Kare-Bear's Creative Cache

WatchTower (revisited)

Flying Squirrel Trail

Marion Madness

Lucky 7 - 3 of 7

Lucky 7 - 6 or 7

Lucky 7 - 5 of 7

Lucky 7 - 1 of 7

Looks to be 9 in total that were deleted.

Could someone else in your family have accidentally deleted them?

(Or perhaps it was the tick from Yo-Da-Lin sucking them out of your computer icon_wink.gif )

MnGCA-button.gif

"The number you have reached is imaginary, please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again... <beeeeep>"

I know that you stated that you do not use public computers. I would just like to add if someone else uses your computer, as I do use a public computer sometimes and when I start with www.geo with IE it will give me previously view URLs as geocaching or geocities and there will be my cache page in the list with my user name and password right there in the URL. I clear the history on any computer that may be used by others now as to keep my password safe.

Car37 & Shnde

i dont know weather anyone will get this but can soomeone tell me why i cant post a newq topic. Every time i try to creat a new topic the message comoes back "THe page you requested is unavailable"

Cheers

Bounty Hunter1

Strangers are only friends you have not met yet

quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter1:

i dont know weather anyone will get this but can soomeone tell me why i cant post a newq topic. Every time i try to creat a new topic the message comoes back "THe page you requested is unavailable"

Its a problem with our forums. We're working hard to get it fixed.

frog.gif Elias