Roadtrip help

TheRoadWife

I'm planning a roadtrip from Chicagoland to Louiville area and I read somewhere that someone made a PQ with caches on their roadtrip. Besides staring at the map for hours and picking what I want/don't want...is there a way to search for caches on a path and put them in a PQ? Thanks in advance for you help. (iphone GPS if you need to know.... I MAY have my new 62s by then but not sure).

You may have to do several PQs in series if the trip is farther than 500 miles. We did a trip around BC that needed to be queried in four or five different sections to cover the complete distance.

Also, you may want to play round a bit with your search radius. Depending on how much time you have to wander - or if you just hope to catch something at a rest stop - you can adjust the search radius so the results are narrowed down to caches that are not too far off your route.

And speaking of time available, you can also select caches that are (so they say) easier to find - less than "2" difficulty. I had three days to drive from Los Angeles back home to BC and there was no way I wasn't going to pick up a few caches on the way. Being able to filter out the difficult ones was very helpful.

One last thing: make sure you create these queries a few days before your trip just in case you screw up on the data you enter. You are only allowed five PQs per day so you want to be able to resubmit if something goes wrong (I always waste at least one every time)

One last thing: make sure you create these queries a few days before your trip just in case you screw up on the data you enter. You are only allowed five PQs per day so you want to be able to resubmit if something goes wrong (I always waste at least one every time)

There's no need to "waste" any PQ's. You can preview them as often as you want until you get exactly what you're looking for--if you just don't select the day to run until you're satified that you have it right.