I came across this.

To The Moon

Wow , This is like a CSI episode or something. But sadly I do not own a hotel. If I did I fear I would be like Basil from Fawlty Towers.

Do you own the domain, www.hotelroomcaching.com?

No, But I know the person who does. I thought it was a cool idea, and no , she doesn't own a hotel either. I guess she could be Cybil from Fawlty Towers ; )

You guys could have just asked instead being super sleuths, but it was kinda fun watching.

Moon.

That alone is against the guideline of this forum. BYE BYE thread.

Wow , This is like a CSI episode or something. But sadly I do not own a hotel. If I did I fear I would be like Basil from Fawlty Towers.

No, But I know the person who does. I thought it was a cool idea, and no , she doesn't own a hotel either. I guess she could be Cybil from Fawlty Towers ; )

You guys could have just asked instead being super sleuths, but it was kinda fun watching.

Moon.

Sleuthing is fun, Chris.

Moon.

Sleuthing is fun, Chris.

Oh hell yea!

Moon.

Sleuthing is fun, Chris.

Ha Ha , It is fun, I have done my fair share as well.

Moon.

Doesn't seem so much like a stumbled upon site. Looks a lot more like a section 8 violation of the forum rules. ;)

Moon.

Doesn't seem so much like a stumbled upon site. Looks a lot more like a section 8 violation of the forum rules. ;)

Yep, we smoked him out. :laughing:

Moon.

I hate when that happens.

Moon.

Yep, we smoked him out. :laughing:

Addisonbr did the smoking. I just whois'ed the domain. ;)

I still think it's better than Munzees. :huh:

It might be cool if the cachehotel site could catalog the unique blotches that fluoresce in UV light in each room. You know, those glowing invisible stains that you'd have to avoid guessing what they're from if you plan to sleep there. Use them as clues in puzzles or whatever.

Well If that is the way it has to be then Adios, It was nice chatting with you all. Happy Geocaching.

Oh and check out www.hotelroomcaching.com

I thought I would get a last plug in there. :)

Moon

You do realize they can lock your primary account as well as your sock for stuff like this?

I still think it's better than Munzees. :huh:

It might be cool if the cachehotel site could catalog the unique blotches that fluoresce in UV light in each room. You know, those glowing invisible stains that you'd have to avoid guessing what they're from if you plan to sleep there. Use them as clues in puzzles or whatever.

Ha Ha

That is too funny!

Moon

Well If that is the way it has to be then Adios, It was nice chatting with you all. Happy Geocaching.

Moon

You do realize they can lock your primary account as well as your sock for stuff like this?

Looks like he got caught.

Moon.

What fun would that have been? :lol:

Besides, to be honest, all too often somebody will come here, post a thread like that, and never be heard from again.

T- 2hrs and I will be drinking beer with my party mix. Woop Woop! New Years , here I come!

I hope that was an honest whoop, bro!

Whoop Whoop!

Is Canada a day ahead of the U.S.? I don't have New Year's Eve for another day. :(

It's like stretching before exercise, I need to start "stretching" before the big day comes. That means slowly start with beer today, and work my way up until the Saturday. :)

One time I checked into a hotel, and when I was settling into my room, I noticed an unusual box. The box was tucked neatly away, kind of hidden, under a counter.

I looked at the box as I unpacked my suitcase. "Why would there be such a box in a hotel room?" I wondered.

But I didn't touch it.

At first, I distracted myself by trying to figure out which switches ran which lights. Then I poked through the dresser drawers, and removed the pen and tiny pad from the desk (I put these in my luggage). I flipped through the desk binder, looking at the listings for local dining establishments and dry cleaners and churches.

But soon my curiosity got the best of me, and I approached the box.

It looked like it had a handle!

So I grasped the handle, and pulled.

To my surprise, a light came on inside, and I could see that the box was filled with treasure! Cans of refreshing beverages! Little tiny cans of soda, bubbly water, beer, wine and even Champagne! And cheese! And meat! And candy! And other things I didn't recognize. Such a wonderful gift!

I threw myself into this magical and mysterious surprise like there was no tomorrow.

Many days later, a charge for these items showed up on my credit card bill. Turns out I had been the victim of some sort of hotel "mini-bar" scam. :mad:

The bottom line: don't touch anything in a hotel room that you didn't bring yourself.

I love this thread and the mods are blind to it. :ph34r: Let the party continue.

I guess I'm not as thrilled about the lynch mob as you are.

Lynch mob? Really?

I thought we had all shifted over to New Year's Eve preparations.

From the standpoint of innocent newbies visiting the primary geocaching forum... yes. Lynch mob. I can't say that I didn't play my part, nor that the OP didn't play his. But I must admit that I'm not proud of the general forum attitude that played out here. Are you?

Moon

Here is one example of why I'm not thrilled about the way this thread went. What is his primary account, and why can they lock it? For stuff like what? Posting what appears to you to be a commercial thread? What is the primary account of which you speak... the one with zero hides, zero finds that posted to the Canadian forum? Because of a sock account? There are plenty of active and known sock accounts here. Besides, aren't warnings like that the domain of the reviewers?

I love this thread and the mods are blind to it. :ph34r: Let the party continue.

I guess I'm not as thrilled about the lynch mob as you are.

Lynch mob? Really?

I thought we had all shifted over to New Year's Eve preparations.

From the standpoint of innocent newbies visiting the primary geocaching forum... yes. Lynch mob. I can't say that I didn't play my part, nor that the OP didn't play his. But I must admit that I'm not proud of the general forum attitude that played out here. Are you?

I'm pretty good with it. Especially considering the OP took it pretty well went caught. Like I said, I thought we were moving into the pre-drinking phase of New Year's Eve.

I didn't realize we had the OP strung up in a tree. Better cut him down, lest he go zombie on us with all the alcohol in his body.

In a way, I'd be a little creeped out. It reminds me of 8th grade and being at this awful hotel (I mean, awful. By my first or second year of college they finally tore it down). One of my friends crawled under the bed (I don't know what possessed her) and the matress had been ripped open. Under the bed there were little take out containers for like, sauce or dressing, and batteries. The best was when the lights were turned out and there were glowing handprints on the wall. CSI was pretty new and we freaked because all we could think of was blood stains :laughing:

Other than that, talk of headboards and remotes and such takes me back to microbiology, which was like the end of innocence. It's really hard to pretend things are okay when you've seen what grows in a petri dish :(

Moon

Here is one example of why I'm not thrilled about the way this thread went. What is his primary account, and why can they lock it? For stuff like what? Posting what appears to you to be a commercial thread? What is the primary account of which you speak... the one with zero hides, zero finds that posted to the Canadian forum? Because of a sock account? There are plenty of active and known sock accounts here. Besides, aren't warnings like that the domain of the reviewers?

First of all, what's with the attitude?

Second, ..... you know what, knowschad. You simply are not worth the angst tonight.

Moon

First of all, what's with the attitude?

Second, ..... you know what, knowschad. You simply are not worth the angst tonight.

I think I already not only explained the attitude, but admitted that I played my part in it. I got caught up in the feeding frenzy a bit, too. But I do also tend to think of these forums, particularly this one, in terms of the local cachers that I run into events that are literally afraid of this place. I believe that much of that attitude was displayed in the way this thread played out. It went too far. Almost all of the problematic threads occurred on page 2... easy to find. Telling the OP that his account can be locked? Running a whois on the domain name and using that to reveal what somebody thought was his real name? Come on, Geobain... if you think that a thread is that out of line... just report the thing quietly.

"You simply are not worth the angst tonight." Your primary account could be locked for that.