I came across this.

To The Moon

Seeing as I work in a big hotel, I can't imagine this to work out.

At least not in a high class hotel, because the cleaning staff normally finds everything (they may not clean behind the pictures on the walls every day, but still on a routinely basis).

Except that, there are mostly not too many places one could hide anything at all...

Sounds interesting, but not practicable.... :anibad:

I see what you are saying. In response to an earlier post. Do they really clean behind the pictures? Wow, that must be a really high class place.

But I disagree on the lack of hiding places. I have spent many nights stuck in a hotel room. Do they take the drawers out of the dresser and clean behind them or look under the bathroom sink. I think if someone was very creative they could have a lot of fun. I would think even leaving a little note hidden somewhere would be cool.

But that is just my 2 bits.

Moon.

Yeah, they actually clean everywhere (or at least they should), even under the sink, but probably not behind the drawers (though I am not sure if they can pull them out all the way here).

But I guess that's part of the fun of the game, seeing if you actually found a spot so good that it doesn't get cleaned away.

On the other side, if you find a spot so hidden not even the cleaning personel finds it, would you really want to touch that place? It's probably never been cleaned :huh:

I guess this works better the fewer stars the hotel has.

The one where I work has 5 stars, so the standards are pretty high (wich also explains why they really clean everywhere...you can't imagine the stuff we've already found...makes you wonder :blink: )

I came across this site on another geocaching forum the other day. Sounds interesting so i thought I would share.

www.hotelroomcaching.com

Moon.

Sounds better than Munzees. Then again, what doesn't? :ph34r:

Can you say that word now? :ph34r:

Isn't it the "it-that-should-not-be-named"? :huh:

Seeing as I work in a big hotel, I can't imagine this to work out.

At least not in a high class hotel, because the cleaning staff normally finds everything (they may not clean behind the pictures on the walls every day, but still on a routinely basis).

Except that, there are mostly not too many places one could hide anything at all...

Sounds interesting, but not practicable.... :anibad:

Why not put one in your hotel and see what happens? Could be interesting!

Stayed in enough higher end and lower end hotel rooms over the years. Found enough "things" that were "hidden" to realize that cleaning is apparently very subjective as is the definition of clean and everything. You shall never see me use the bedspread on a hotel bed...ever.

Other than for my own personal amusement I'm not going to rummage around too extensively to find items in hotel rooms.

Penn and Teller described a magic trick in a book that involved using a prepped Gideon Bible in a hotel room that you had never been in before (prepped by others before you). I never encountered a prepped one though. It would have made my day if I'd had.

Edited by addisonbr

Penn and Teller described a magic trick in a book that involved using a prepped Gideon Bible in a hotel room that you had never been in before (prepped by others before you). I never encountered a prepped one though. It would have made my dad if I'd had.

I tried googling that but couldn't find anything. What was the premise of the trick?

Penn and Teller described a magic trick in a book that involved using a prepped Gideon Bible in a hotel room that you had never been in before (prepped by others before you). I never encountered a prepped one though. It would have made my day if I'd had.

I tried googling that but couldn't find anything. What was the premise of the trick?

I looked it up off my shelf when I got home tonight - it's in the book How to Play in Traffic. That made it easier to google - I found this which gives a rough overview of the trick in the book:

http://madprofessor.net/2006/01/penn-tellers-how-to-play-in-tr.html

I looked it up off my shelf when I got home tonight - it's in the book How to Play in Traffic. That made it easier to google - I found this which gives a rough overview of the trick in the book:

http://madprofessor.net/2006/01/penn-tellers-how-to-play-in-tr.html

Thanks!

Moon

I know that the Seattle Gun Club has their own geocaches. No there is no ammo or guns involved. Only Gun accessories, like holsters, magazines and other items. They do theirs logging via the forum. So far I believe only two ammo cans are out in the Puget Sound area.

I have a trip planned in Jan. I think I will give this a try. I have reached in to some "sketchy , spider infested places while geocaching. Hotel rooms don't scare me nearly as much as spiders?

I think it is a neat idea. It would be cool to see it take off in some sort of fashion.

That all I got for today.

Night.

Moon.

I live in hotels all year long (have been for 5yrs now). We travel for hubby's work. Most of them are high end (JW marriot dubai was my fav!)...anyway...this could be done...they don't clean THAT well. :D

Are you going to place some on your next travels?

Moon.

Not something I would be interested in doing. But then I have already got all 21 non-military caches in kuwait and all 1 of the non-military challenges...I'm here for a couple more months, I may get bored enough to start! LOL

This actually sounds like alot of fun. I wonder what would happen if people keep showing up asking for a particular room in a hotel, LOL.

I wonder what the hotels will think of this when they find out. The whole thing actually may be great for business.

I can imagine the confused look on the clerks faces when all these people keep asking for a particular room LOL. But yes I think it could be good for business if they took advantage of it

Edited by To The Moon

Neat, and yet another twist.

http://hotelroomcach...room-challenge/

Moon

Just when I was about to post that at least we won't see power hotel caching. :huh:

Now, there can be several in the room, one behind the ice machine, one on the exercise machine, one or two in the swimming pool area... here come the numbers hounds! :lol:

And one in each room and one in the lady restroom and one is the men restroom.

Dont kill me for saying this, I wonder if the OP is the owner of that site. :ph34r:

Hmm.

http://canadascapita...php?topic=950.0

The "Dudemonkey" account that posted to that forum is a sock account that was created on 21 March 2011. No finds, no hides, active for one day. I notice, though, that he also started his thread with "Hey, look what I stumbled upon". Yeah, right.

Dude and Moon are both from BC. How 'bout that.

Dont kill me for saying this, I wonder if the OP is the owner of that site. :ph34r:

Hmm.

http://canadascapita...php?topic=950.0

The "Dudemonkey" account that posted to that forum is a sock account that was created on 21 March 2011. No finds, no hides, active for one day. I notice, though, that he also started his thread with "Hey, look what I stumbled upon". Yeah, right.

Dude and Moon are both from BC. How 'bout that.

For the record, I still think it's better than Munzees. :huh:

Wow , This is like a CSI episode or something. But sadly I do not own a hotel. If I did I fear I would be like Basil from Fawlty Towers.

I was kidding about the hotel. But you have to admit that your introduction to the site was very similar to Dudemonkey's intro to the Canada forum. You really simply stumbled across it? Perhaps you came across it from that very same Canadian geocaching forum?

Edited by knowschad

Wow , This is like a CSI episode or something. But sadly I do not own a hotel. If I did I fear I would be like Basil from Fawlty Towers.

Do you own the domain, www.hotelroomcaching.com?

No, But I know the person who does. I thought it was a cool idea, and no , she doesn't own a hotel either. I guess she could be Cybil from Fawlty Towers ; )

You guys could have just asked instead being super sleuths, but it was kinda fun watching.

Moon.