Lord British is a Geocacher

unclerojelio

There is a geocache just down the road from Britannia Manor and it seems that once Lord British discovered geocaching he just had to seek it out.

First GroundsKeeperWilly, now Lord British. This sport is really moving up in the world! icon_biggrin.gif

If you've never heard of Lord British just ignore this post. icon_biggrin.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

[This message was edited by unclerojelio on June 27, 2002 at 10:30 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team Dragon:

I'm starting to think that this activity will be responsible for a lot of low level celebrity sightings.

I agree icon_wink.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

quote:
Originally posted by Moosiegirl:

So Roger, how do you know so much about this dude? Are you a closet game writer?

Nahh. But after you've spent a significant portion of your youth playing playing Ultima on an Apple IIe, the name kinda gets your attention.

icon_razz.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

If your eyes were ever burnt red by the green glow of an Apple][ or your ears buzzed with the 18 wheeler gear grinding sounds of the Atari 800's hard drives then you probably know the name. If you dont, thats cool, heres a chance to find out something new.

The Good Lord British is a name many folks will remeber from as far back as the early 80's. Akalabeth was his first major hit with the Ultima series of computer games making him famous in the land of computer gamers.

He was smart though, he worked his fame and the good name of his games to build a company of his own rather than letting the games be run by a large corp. He did his best to keep the games hand crafted with lots hours of enjoyment.

The top of the mountain for him was Ultima Online, a massivley multiplayer versions of his 20 year old mythology that runs 24/7. Think of it as a MUD/MUCK/MOO with a Gui and tons of backstory. That and Everyquest are seen to many as the CrackCocaine of online gaming. It is, stay far far away.

Recently he has steped away from the land of Britiana, the biz side at least, and is dabbling in other things.

If hes caching I hope he leaves some moongates.

A fan, but not fanatic.

-tom

----------------------------

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

...playing Ultima II, III, and IV. Finished II and III (On my Apple II), but only after my big brother hacked into the game and gave me unlimited hitpoints. icon_smile.gif

It would make sense for LB to be into geocaching. As a computer wiz, he'd have access to knowledge about this activity, and the gamer in him would just have to try it out.

So, where is the evidence that he could be into geocaching?

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

I remember the day Lord British got killed in Ultima Online. This was way back, I think between the end of the beta phase(s) and commercial release. If you search around, I'm sure you can find the pix of the kill, it was actually pretty impressive.