Moving a TB on

WrongwayUK

Is it acceptable to revisit a local cache just to move a travel bug on that I have found whilst visiting another area assuming its not possible to discover a new cache in a decent timeframe. If acceptable would I simply choose write a note to log the visit.

That is absolutely acceptable. You might want to use the "visited" option instead of just "write a note". Logging a "visit" shows the TB was actually at another cache, but not dropped, and accounts for the mileage to the cache.

Edited by steben6

You post a 'note' for your own log on the cache page to say you picked up the TB, as you say. Then you also need to log the TB, there is a 'visit' log there for when it dips into a cache and doesn't stay there, or a discovered log for when you see it but don't take it, and a 'grab' log for when you do take it to move on. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Fianccetto

A final question regarding trackables. We found a local cache a few weeks ago and there was a coin in the cache. As I was not sure at the time what to do with trackables were merely signed the log but left the trackable alone. I notice the trackable hasn't moved since our visit. Would it be bad manners to re-visit this cache and take the trackable, now I have a better idea of what to do, and move it to another location.

Edited by WrongwayUK

That is very considerate of you! Not bad manners at all (as long as you log as above) but don't be disappointed if you get there & it's gone. Someone could have moved it and not yet logged it, that does seem to be happening more & more now. (But if nobody has logged a find on the cache, it is probably still there.)

It's worth looking on the trackable's page at the mission/goal as well. You don't have to help a Tb with it's goal, but it is a fun part of the game if you can. One thing worth noting is if they want to stay in a particular country of travel to a certain place, as if you can't help with that it can make it a bit less enjoyable to move on (unless you can find another cache big enough to drop it in which is not too far from where you found it).

Edited by Fianccetto

Just adding to this informative thread...

Also, remember that trackables are not treated the same as the swaps in a cache - You don't have to leave a swap item if you take a trackable (although the cache owner will be happy if you do!)

Similarly, if you place a trackable into a cache you shouldn't help yourself to a swap item in exchange for it.

An example of the "fun" of trackables travelling... I was pleased with this one that has to travel from UK to Mojacar in SE Spain... it's been doing well... until I saw the most recent log... <_<

"Indalo to Mojacar"

(Yes, it has a tag attached which says "To Mojacar, SE Spain")

Hey ho.

Never mind.

Ya gotta laf.

MrsB :D

snip%<....

Hey ho.

Never mind.

Ya gotta laf.

Did you look at their caches placed list... might not be so bad! That radar map on the profile page looks like aircraft movements...

something of interest to flight crew, etc. Perhaps a quick visit and then back, who knows?

Hope you had a good and happy Christmas or whatever!

Doug 7rxc

snip%<....

Hey ho.

Never mind.

Ya gotta laf.

Did you look at their caches placed list... might not be so bad! That radar map on the profile page looks like aircraft movements...

something of interest to flight crew, etc. Perhaps a quick visit and then back, who knows?

Hope you had a good and happy Christmas or whatever!

Doug 7rxc

Yep... there's a hope that they might take it back to Spain. C'est la vie d'un TB. Or Ésa es vida para un TB. Or something.

Happy Christmas!

MrsB