My profile on geocaching.com

Zirk

Good idea!

The best way to do this would be to create an jpg image of the map you want. Use some mapping software (I'm assuming you have some) to create a map of your found caches, then save it as a jpg... or if the program doesn't have that capability, you could do a screen capture using the ALT-PrintScreen technique.

If you do a screen capture, you'll have to do some editing in a paint program of some sort.

Once you have the image you want, you'll have to make sure it is less than 100k. There are several programs out there that will help you decrease the size. I use IrfanView or Easy Thumbnails. Both are free.

You can upload this image to the GC.com site from the "Edit Profile" page and select it as the image you want shown in your profile.

If you have specific questions about any of the above directions, post 'em. Someone will be glad to help, or may well suggest a better idea.

Jamie

Zirk,

I just plotted the 20 caches you've found onto a MapSend Topo map. I was planning to make an image for you... but the caches you have found are VERY spread out, and then there is a very tight cluster of caches in the Salt Lake City area. Unfortunately, this type of cache formation does not lend itself well to one map.

If I make the map large enough to include the northernmost and southernmost caches, I'm displaying half the country, and the group in the middle get jumbled up. On the other hand, if I zoom in to display the bunch of caches in Utah, I leave out many of the faraway caches as well as making it very difficult to ascertain where the map is geographically.

Jamie

quote:
...the caches you have found are VERY spread out, and then there is a very tight cluster of caches in the Salt Lake City area. Unfortunately, this type of cache formation does not lend itself well to one map.

For cases like that, I use an inset map. See this Cannonball Run test map for an example of what I mean.

To create this automatically would be just about impossible, though.

"I'm sure she would have been thrilled to find so much pooh in a little metal box."