Geocache data in table format???

beaver

Is there anyway i can download a table that contains all of the geocache coordinates for a certain state or area. Or do i have to continue do click on each individual cache and copy and paste the data into a table on my own? The information in the table will allow users to map geocaces using software like ERIS's ArcView and then bring in other statewide coverages such as a highway coverage and select geocaches that are within a certain distance from a specified hwy or any other point on a map. Any info? Or has this already been discussed??? Thanks,

beaver

You'll soon be able to grab a full state in XML and convert it through Geobuddy to whatever format you want. We actually generate ArcView shapefiles for use on the maps in the site. It'd be nice to have some more brutish tools to do searches from highways and whatnot.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Please keep the XML format the same!! I wrote some

of my own code that reads 1 to N downloaded *.LOC

files and mergers them into one file, of all Geocaches in the individuals ones.

I also pass the data by an extract of waypoints from MapSource and generate a second file of only new waypoints.

Lastly an HTML file with the cache description as

a hyperlink to the Goecache page for the "new"

caches.

This way if I miss a new flag I don't worry. Also the HTML page lets me review the information. I really have the &log=n option set in the link so I can print the page.

The "new" also works when I download from an area that might have overlaps with something I currently have. Don't have to look at the same cache page twice.

If you can do the by state, will I also be able to do it by zipcode?