New caches getting approved WAY out of order?

skydiver

Question for the Admins:

Why do most caches get approved in the order they were submitted (based on the ID=# in the URL), but others get approved WAY ahead of schedule?

I submitted a cache yesterday afternoon, and although it has yet to get reviewed, several caches that came after it (based on that ID=) are already listed on the 'Latest 15 Caches' list.

I understand that some caches get disapproved, and others need the submitter to make changes to before approval, but by comparing the ID #'s of all those curently on the latest 15 list, this doesn't appear to be the case. There's just too many missing ID#'s, and since mine is one, and I haven't been told that mine is disapproved or needs changes, it really looks as if some people managed to get thier caches approved instantly, while the rest of us wait.

Note: This is NOT a complaint about how long it takes for caches to get approved, so all of you that can't manage to wait the standard 24-48 hours for the VOLUNTEERS to do their thing, should go whine in another thread. I'm just curious what the cause of this pattern of approval is.

---------------------------------------

Missoula Organization Of Geocachers (MOOG)

MOOG; Unarguably, the coolest geocaching club acronym to date. icon_cool.gif

---------------------------------------

Some of it is regional - for instance the UK community approves their own caches so you'll see groupings of those.

Some of it relates to the type of cache. There is a thread elsewhere in these forums asking people not to submit certain caches on weekends.

Perhaps yours is one of those?

Some of it relates to the fact that multiple approvers cannot all work from the top of the list as they'll be walking over each other's work. As a result some start in the middle and work up, others start in different places.

Weekends are always rough due to the large number of submissions.

Hope that answers the question.

erik - part time geocaching.com approver lackey