learn tab ~ Premium members

Geoscouts.eu

So we've finally re-found the trackables link after some needless searching. I don't have a problem with it being moved three tabs in on the homepage now that I know where to look again but is the first tab really needed for premium members? After all I think most of us know the basics and don't really need to see the tutorial so my proposal is for it to only be visible to non-premium members and the "My profile" tab be the dominant (left) tab for premium accounts.

Discuss??

Even most PMs are still capable of learning.

Changing the page layout based on something like PM status is confusing. In IT jargon, it's modal. So you'd get things like you try to help someone else and describe something on the screen, like the third tab from the left, and it's not the same on your screen as on theirs. Or someone new decides immediately to sign up for PM status (after all, $30 is just dinner for a lot of people), and the Learn tab disappears just when they need it most. Or you start to get annoyed that the learn tab has reappeared and it takes you a while to figure out that's because you aren't logged in -- the problem there being only the annoyance.

So I don't think it should be dropped based on PM status. Perhaps there's a better way to organize the tabs, but making it modal isn't a good idea.

Edward

So we've finally re-found the trackables link after some needless searching. I don't have a problem with it being moved three tabs in on the homepage now that I know where to look again but is the first tab really needed for premium members? After all I think most of us know the basics and don't really need to see the tutorial so my proposal is for it to only be visible to non-premium members and the "My profile" tab be the dominant (left) tab for premium accounts.

Discuss??

Greasemonkey is your friend. Just make it go away with a greasemonkey script and we will all be happy. Disscuss? What is to discuss? I found no problems navigating with the new layout.

Some people jump right in with a premium membership--premium does not necessarily mean experienced. So, I disagree completely.

I agree with your disagreement for the reason stated. ;)

I think it would be nice if we could customize what we wanted to see in the menu (aside from using 3rd party tools like Greasemonkey or ABP). But that's a pretty tiny annoyance to me.