User with longest geostreak?

geocat_

I have met kablooey and had other interactions with him and have no doubt that is streak is true and correct. I have had DNF's from him on a cache of ours and was able to contact him and correct it before he left. Also there is a challenge here that you can log a find on every time you rack up 10 STF's and I noticed he chose to only log on it once. I am shocked he could also do it without premium membership. I also drive all over the bay area and we have a streak of over 700 days and it has not really been a problem. One day I was sick and had to venture out and it was kind of hard but other than that is has all been good. I don't want to loose our streak as that has been part of the fun of this game for us. I like having to find one everyday. I am sure when it does end some of our motivation for caching will end. We will still cache but probibly not as much.

"Consecutive Day 1. Oops, I forgot to find a cache yesterday."

heh, to me that almost sounds sarcastic. Like he didn't actually forget, but for whatever reason knew he wouldn't get one. :yikes:

Still, whether forgotten or not, to overtly bring an end to such a long streak... that's integrity. Also, gut-wrenching :)

Well I have been a geocacher since December 26 of 2003 which means I am approaching ten years of being an active geocacher. But I guess that isn't the streak that is important in this thread. I know quite a few geocachers with longer streaks of being geocachers than mine. I also know quite a few who have shorter streaks. We are all geocachers and we have fun. Some of us even enjoy keeping track of various and assorted manufactured "streaks" but that isn't something I am inclined to do.