Elevation/Distance logging

eusty

I never used the barometer on my Colorado, as where I live is reclaimed land and mostly it's at sea-level, in fact anything over 100 feet is a pretty large hill! :)

Anyway we plan on going to a 'proper hill' soon (3560 ft) and it would be good if I can show an Elevation/Distance log (and trackroute) of the trip from the Oregon 450.

So what software to display the logged data? I used Basecamp a while back, is this the best thing to use or is there something else?

Google Earth does a good job of this. After you pull out your track log of the trip, (in GPX format, or convert it after) drop it into GE. You will see it listed on the left side of the GE screen. Right click on the name and choose profile.

Also, you should try GPS visualizer. It gives you some options to colorize your graph, save it in file format, etc. GPS Visualizer. It can add or correct elevation date in your tracks based on some map databases.