Replacing logs

AlbaCaching143

Hope you dont mind me asking a newby question

when I go caching I will be carrying spare log books , if I come across a log that is full is it ok to replace the logbook or do I have to notify the owner ? if its ok to replace the log book what do you do with the full log book ?

I also carry a pencil sharpener and spare pencils to replace or repair , and some tissues to clean the box if its a bit grotty , wet ,etc , si there anything else I can carry or do to a cache when i come acoss it that needs minor maintenance done

Hope you dont mind me asking a newby question

when I go caching I will be carrying spare log books , if I come across a log that is full is it ok to replace the logbook or do I have to notify the owner ? if its ok to replace the log book what do you do with the full log book ?

I also carry a pencil sharpener and spare pencils to replace or repair , and some tissues to clean the box if its a bit grotty , wet ,etc , si there anything else I can carry or do to a cache when i come acoss it that needs minor maintenance done

Just add the logbook to the full log and notify the CO. I also carry some electrical and duct tape in the event that someone's container has a crack in it and it may get wet. Zip-lock baggies are another thing you may want to carry.

Like laker has said, ADD your new log to the existing log and email the CO.

But smalls and micros, you can't do that.

I don't change logs unless I know the CO personally, and if I change the log...I SAVE the old one and let them know I have it. Some folks want the old logs, and some don't.

If you change a log for someone you don't personally know - SAVE THE LOG. Email them and let them know you have it. Be fully prepared to MAIL the log to them if they request it.

There's a lot of people out there that don't maintain their caches. Changing logs for them...just lets them be even more irresponsible. For me - I'd much rather see a cache get adopted by a responsible cacher OR have it get archived to make room for a new cache that will get maintained. This way...the hobby stays fresh (and maintained).

I know folks get busy & such....but if you can't maintain your caches, temporarily disable them until you have time..... or let someone adopt it!