Saturation and night caching

jacalathecroc

Planning a night reflector trail cache, I understand that the first relector and the final must have their coordinates listed, and are subject to the 1/10th mile rule. Are the intermediate reflectors subject to the rule as well? I my case, a few of the intermediate reflectors will come quite close to a hidden waypoint of another multi-cache, and the GZ of a traditional cache.

Planning a night reflector trail cache, I understand that the first relector and the final must have their coordinates listed, and are subject to the 1/10th mile rule. Are the intermediate reflectors subject to the rule as well? I my case, a few of the intermediate reflectors will come quite close to a hidden waypoint of another multi-cache, and the GZ of a traditional cache.

My understanding is that the physical stages would have to be away from those other caches. For example here our 2 night caches are set up so that you follow the reflectors and have to find a container with coordinates to find more reflectors to follow and so on. Those containers would have to be away from other caches and physical stages.

Perhaps a more authoritative answer.

Interesting, considering I would have thought a firetack placed by the CO would count as a physical stage of a multi-cache.

Although a firetack may be a physical object I can understand how it wouldn't be considered a "physical stage" in the same way that counting the number of windows on a specific building would be a physical stage. To me, as long as it's not a physical container or an object that has the complete coordinates (i.e. a rack with coordinates written on it) for a subsequent stage I wouldn't consider it a physical stage (though my opinion doesn't really count).

The reflectors don't "count" as waypoints, but you would not want somebody to be following your night trail and accidentally find the other cache and think it was yours. So stay over 200 feet away just to steer people away from the wrong cache.

I think the firetack "etiquette" is that one firetack marks the trail; two firetacks marks a change in direction; and three in a triangle marks the final location.

But suppose someone does not know they are looking for a triangle, and they just happen to see a geopile or a lock-n-lock that was left in the open. Then they might think they are done with your night cache too soon.