The good part is that they are trying something... but they have to use the ones we wanted then shrink them for the GC.com pages.

48x48 is too small to even see... but they will get it correct eventually. Maybe it's for Christmas or whatever you observe?

Doug 7rxc

The issue is not fully fixed yet. It only applies to current avatars; if you change your avatar, it will be pixelated again. The full and proper fix is coming later.

The size was reduced to 48 x 48 as people felt that the 75 x 75 size was too large on cache pages, and we want to use the same file in both locations.

To: Groundspeak Forum Avatar Department

Subject: The appearance of my avatar in the forums

The thing is, here is what my avatar actually looks like:

mona_lisa.jpg

But this is how my avatar appears on the forums:

ctd_avatar.jpg

Can you please fix this at your earliest convenience?

Thank you.

cache_test_dummies

My situation is rather similar, but not quite so extreme...

To: Groundspeak Forum Avatar Department

Subject: The appearance of my avatar in the forums

The thing is, here is what my avatar actually looks like:

mona_lisa.jpg

But this is how my avatar appears on the forums:

ctd_avatar.jpg

Can you please fix this at your earliest convenience?

Thank you.

cache_test_dummies

I'm not seeing a difference. :unsure:

You always crack me up. :D

The issue is not fully fixed yet. It only applies to current avatars; if you change your avatar, it will be pixelated again. The full and proper fix is coming later.

The size was reduced to 48 x 48 as people felt that the 75 x 75 size was too large on cache pages, and we want to use the same file in both locations.

If that's the case, then I'd rather not have avatars on the cache pages at all, and go back to the big ol' rectangular avatars in the forums. :(:ph34r:

If that's the case, then I'd rather not have avatars on the cache pages at all, and go back to the big ol' rectangular avatars in the forums. :(:ph34r:

That's a big +1.

That's a big +1.

KC, How come you are even smaller today than the rest of us (looks like 30x30)? Soon your pixellation problems will be down to 1x1.

Not related, but for some reason my LED monitor is developing a self generated two pixel wide black line (small now, 6x2) over the last few start ups... getting annoying. But that is a personal thing not related to GCing. At least it'v over in the corner, at first I thought it was a speck of crud on the monitor screen. Nope!

Doug 7rxc getting ready to enjoy the lengthening days now that it's Winter.

That's a big +1.

I see that you are getting smaller and smaller and someday we will teleport you to the moon.

Edited by SwineFlew

That's a big +1.

And a bigger +1 here. 75x75 is to small, 100x100 is more realistic, this is rediculous.

That's a big +1.

And a bigger +1 here. 75x75 is to small, 100x100 is more realistic, this is rediculous.

Agreed. They might as well just get rid of avatars.

No one that I know of really cares for the avatars on cache pages. But they are a staple in forums.

Why not either get rid of them on the cache pages or offer a third option in addition to the forums and profile page image that we can choose our "cache" avatar to be what we want?

That's a big +1.

No one that I know of really cares for the avatars on cache pages. But they are a staple in forums.

Why not either get rid of them on the cache pages or offer a third option in addition to the forums and profile page image that we can choose our "cache" avatar to be what we want?

You can hide the Avatars on the Cache pages now.

That's a big +1.

You can hide the Avatars on the Cache pages now.

I don't care one way or the other. But Moun10Bike stated the avatars here were reduced to match the size on the cache pages because they wanted to use the same image in both locations.

I'm just saying either do away with the avatars on the cache page (different from turning them off individually) or offer US, the end users, the option to upload our own image for the cache pages and put the forum avatars back the way they were.

Surely they have space for seperate 48x48 avatars for the cache pages and 100x100 avatars for the forums.

(I know, the old forum avatars were 75x75, but why not make them closer to what we actually had in the beginning while they're fixing things.) ;)

Wonder if this means we might be getting an avatar fix? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Forums.Groundspeak.com will be going offline temporarily for a site update on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at approximately 5pm PDT (convert to your local time here).

I assumed it was going to be connected to all the changes posted today on the index page:

Community Q&A and Discussions Subforums

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=130

Discussions with Groundspeak Subforums

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=129

Wonder if this means we might be getting an avatar fix? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Forums.Groundspeak.com will be going offline temporarily for a site update on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at approximately 5pm PDT (convert to your local time here).

I assumed it was going to be connected to all the changes posted today on the index page:

http://forums.Ground...p?showforum=130

http://forums.Ground...p?showforum=129

Are those new forums?

I don't see any "all changes" posted there, though. Just a problem reported by Doublebent, and a Sticky by Sandy. Certainly nothing about pending forum changes.

I don't see these on the main page, and the links don't work. Are these for premium members only, like Off topic?

those boards will now be where you can go to ask fellow cachers for help.

As in help with puzzles? :ph34r:

I don't see a puzzle subboard. :anibad:

Probably more like the old website subboard used to be since they want to keep the discussion subboard limited to bug reports and feature requests.

Seems they would have created a Feedback section for the bug reports and feature requests and just reopened the the discussion board for, well, discussions. ;)

I don't see these on the main page, and the links don't work. Are these for premium members only, like Off topic?

Interesting. If you look at the main index located at:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=idx

The new subboard is the 3rd subsection located between the General area and the Discussion area.

But I just logged out and checked and they are hidden at least to logged out users.

http://forums.Ground...dex.php?act=idx

The new subboard is the 3rd subsection located between the General area and the Discussion area.

But I just logged out and checked and they are hidden at least to logged out users.

So, we now have TWO forums titled, "Geocaching.com Website"?

http://forums.Ground...dex.php?act=idx

And Groundspeak’s Geocaching for Android App, Groundspeak’s Geocaching for iPhone App, and

Groundspeak’s Geocaching for Windows Phone 7 App. :P

And Groundspeak’s Geocaching for Android App, Groundspeak’s Geocaching for iPhone App, and

Groundspeak’s Geocaching for Windows Phone 7 App. :P

In her post in each new forum, Sandy danced around one word without actually saying it. It sums up what these new boards are for, and should be added to the front of each sub-forum title.

What's the word?

Support.