Change History

Changes made from version 3.67 to 3.68:

•Fixed issue with power off barometric pressure trending

•Fixed issue with barometric pressure plot when stationary

•Fixed issue with display when entering USB mass storage

•Fixed issue with current lap data field in dashboards

•Improved Arabic keyboard

•Problems with this beta software may be reported to MontanaBeta@garmin.com

Kudo's to the Garmin Montana Team for being so responsive on the barometer issues.

The list just seems to fix issues related to versions 3.63 - 3.67 but it's a step in the right direction.

ADDED: After a few hours of barometer plotting (variable elevation)the feature is fixed! Eureka!

Edited by yogazoo

Fixed issue with display when entering USB mass storage

Great.

yogazoo, what about the power-switch issue you had?

Based on a brief test the non-resonsive power button quirk appears to be fixed. This may have been inadvertant and a result of fixing the other issues related to "Save Always" in the barometer function. It will be interesting to see if this also fixes any of the cradle wierdness. We'll just have to test and report back here.

Edited by yogazoo

Does the barometric fix also mean that the vertical speed is useable? This afternoon while I was waiting to get a GPS lock the vertical speed was fluctuating between about 50 feet upwards and 40 feet downwards, which was interesting given I was standing still and holding the GPS still.

I'd wait to get a sat fix before evaluating this data.

Based on a brief test the non-resonsive power button quirk appears to be fixed.

I take it back. After loading a new mapset on my unit and removing it from my computer the power button refuses to work. Pulled battery, reinserted it and it starts normally.

Edited by yogazoo

Based on a brief test the non-resonsive power button quirk appears to be fixed.

I take it back. After loading a new mapset on my unit and removing it from my computer the power button refuses to work. Pulled battery, reinserted it and it starts normally.

I am using a Mac and have this problem occasionally. I found ejecting the device (Garmin and SD card) and it behaves. I found I only got the non-responsive power button if I disconnect from the USB port without ejecting properly.

Edited by WrongwayUK

I have forced myself to make it a habit to eject the device. Sometimes I copied a large GPX and thought it was finished and in a rush disconnected the device, only to discover next time, the SD-card had errors because apparently the copying didn't finish. Live and learn :rolleyes:

I have a bit of an issue ejecting the Montana on the Mac. It appears as two drives, the unit itself and the SD card. After ejecting them I have about 3 to 5 seconds before they pop back again. It won't stay ejected in other words. So unless I am quick off the mark pulling the USB plug out in that small 3 to 5 second window it can be a problem.

Yes, I have the same strange problem running 10.7.2 on a Mac Pro.

The early versions of the Montana firmware did not cause this unwanted behavior.

This is how I now disconnect the Montana from the Mac. I ensure that I am not uploading/downloading or copying anything from or to the Montana... and then I simply remove the USB cable fro the Montana. Yes, a dialog box appears stating that "The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off." But I knew that before I pulled the plug!

Does the barometric fix also mean that the vertical speed is useable? This afternoon while I was waiting to get a GPS lock the vertical speed was fluctuating between about 50 feet upwards and 40 feet downwards, which was interesting given I was standing still and holding the GPS still.

I'd wait to get a sat fix before evaluating this data.

I'm thinking that if it's based on barometric data it shouldn't need the fix, and if it's based on GPS data it shouldn't show anything unless it has a fix.

I'm thinking that if it's based on barometric data it shouldn't need the fix, and if it's based on GPS data it shouldn't show anything unless it has a fix.

Not sure which one it is but once you get a sat lock it seems to work fine.

Even with a sat lock it seems easily swayed. While stationary on my bike I adjusted the position of the Montana in its mount and the vertical speed suddenly jumped to 50 ft/m before reverting to 0.