BUG - the added links do not work

Captain Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Morgan&Family:

OK, i'll check all the links i've added, but this is a bug anyway - or should everyone know to add a space ?

Since you've apparently fixed the problem, I'm only guessing - you had an url at the end of a sentence, which had a period direcly after it?

I know that a lot of software that 'looks' for URLs in text would also include that period in the active link because it would appear to be a part of that url - just as if it were any other character.

I wonder if it would be simple, and advisable, to somehow change the way the program looks for urls - and have it ignore characters at the end of an url if it is a comma, period, exclamation point, etc.

It would probably be okay, because there aren't going to be a lot of html documents that have file names that end with a period on purpose.

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's Webcam, Photo Albums, and Homepage >==--

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Since you've apparently fixed the problem, I'm only guessing - you had an url at the end of a sentence, which had a period direcly after it?

No, i had the URL at the end of my text and nothing after that, no comma, no period - nothing. If you browse through logpages, you will find pretty soon some URL that does not work as it has that "

" - string at the end.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

We now check for URLs via regular expressions, and replace them with links. Leave a space after the end and the link will show up correctly.

That might not be completely true.... please see my log on this virtual cache - not only do I have the "double name" problem, but it also throws up a weird link to the first word in a sentence that was started after a link.

Not only were there no characters after the url, I actually have a whole line of blank space to start the new paragraph - yet it still tried to add some sort of hotlink to that first word.

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's Webcam, Photo Albums, and Homepage >==--