Great hide or bad hide?

Coldgears

http://coord.info/GC2X1YE

I love these logs. Start from the bottom, work your way up.

People also forgot to mention the "glass bottle" road on the way to the cache (No dirt, only broken glass on this part of the trail)

You decide!

I think this hide is great, and I plan on hiding a cache in a park in an even worse part of the city, with coords even more off, and than wait for someone to fix them for me again!

EDIT: And it will have even more posion ivy, and stickers, and 7 minute itch. I'll chuck it.

Edited by Coldgears

I looked for a cache in a park in the Chicago area once that I later found out was a "pickle park". I was in the woods and noticed some guy was a ways behind me. I quickly high-tailed it out of there. I think that gives enough for anyone to figure out what a "pickle park" is. The cache was archived shortly after my post.

I looked for a cache in a park in the Chicago area once that I later found out was a "pickle park". I was in the woods and noticed some guy was a ways behind me. I quickly high-tailed it out of there. I think that gives enough for anyone to figure out what a "pickle park" is. The cache was archived shortly after my post.

Yep, I've been debating archiving this one.

This thread is really satire. I never meant for this cache to be so bad. Stupid mistakes all around. I used the Smartphone rather than the Magellan to take the coords out of laziness. I didn't heed my father's warning when he told me that it used to be a place certain individuals used to hook up at. (I thought it couldn't possibly still be one so many years later... I was wrong) I should've realized not everyone likes the broken bottles as much as I do. I shouldn't have hid it inside a vat of 7 minute itch poison icy and stickers.

Great park, terrible placement.

I've been taken to much worse parks in the city though, this is definitely one of the tamer parks. That's not saying much though.

Condoms, broken glass, coords off, that's tame...

One I went looking for the other day there was blackberry bushes, lots of dog poop (which I grabbed twice thinking it was the cache), broken glass, a rotten pumpkin, plenty of garbage...oh, and the CO hadn't yet placed the cache when I went looking for it (which was shortly after publishing)...45 minutes of my life I'll never get back... :unsure:

Edited by The_Incredibles_
This thread is really satire. I never meant for this cache to be so bad. Stupid mistakes all around. I used the Smartphone rather than the Magellan to take the coords out of laziness. I didn't heed my father's warning when he told me that it used to be a place certain individuals used to hook up at. (I thought it couldn't possibly still be one so many years later... I was wrong) I should've realized not everyone likes the broken bottles as much as I do. I shouldn't have hid it inside a vat of 7 minute itch poison icy and stickers.

And after all those problems, you don't add "Poison Ivy" or "Thorns" to the Attributes and still have "Kid Friendly" as an Attribute...while changing the Hint to "Seeing recent logs, maybe the 'recommended for kids' attribute wasn't the best of ideas."???

Also, after someone said the cache was 50 feet off the posted coords AND you knew you placed the cache with a smartphone in an area with heavy tree cover you didn't Disable the cache until you could verify the coords - which you didn't do until 2 months later.

At least you have the Difficult rated appropriately... <_<

And then you start this thread as "satire" rather than just directly saying "Here's the story of how a cache I hid went wrong. Let it be a lesson to others."

:huh::blink::rolleyes: