SUBMITTED (25263) - [FEATURE] Cemetery Attribute

texasgrillchef

Suggestion: Cemetery Attribute

Simply. Many of us love caches in or near a cemetery. Many cachers do not.

In Texas at least.... We probably have at least a 1000 caches if not more in cemeteries around the state. By having an attribute it would allow us cachers to FILTER IN/OUT those cemetery caches.

So if you like them... Filter them in by using the attribute.

Don't like them? Then it will allow you to filter them out.

yes obviously a CO has to use / not use the attribute. Yes, some CO's abuse the attributes by not using the correct ones for their caches. Such as life. Having one would still help, because many CO's do use attributes correctly.

TGC

This is a very good idea.

Attitudes towards cemetaries tend to vary very much, as I just recently read in the German speaking forum (see http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=192193) about a cemetary night cache... Reactions went from "no big deal" to "SBA" (btw., according to the reviewer the cemetary is allowed to be entered at night), and the discussion got quite emotional. An attribute could certainly help here.

This is a very good idea.

Attitudes towards cemetaries tend to vary very much, as I just recently read in the German speaking forum (see http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=192193) about a cemetary night cache... Reactions went from "no big deal" to "SBA" (btw., according to the reviewer the cemetary is allowed to be entered at night), and the discussion got quite emotional. An attribute could certainly help here.

IT runs very emotional here in Texas... FYI... You do know that Texas has a huge German heritage right? ;)

Being a Chef, many many of the "Souths" so called favorite stapes have huge german roots. Such as Chikend Fried Steak, with gravy and taters. Sauasages... & the list goeas on.

TGC

I would also like to add this piece of extra information.

In Texas, we have history that goes back even pre-revolutionary times, even before Europeans landed on the East coast. Even then European settlers started moving into Texas with Coronado back in the 16th & 17th century.

Texas has well over a 1000+ cemeteries that are well over 150+ years old.

Texas also has many cemeteries that have been abandonded. Because of this, there are several Texas orgnizations that help maintain, find & restore some of these unforgotten & lost cemeteries.

Because we as geocachers scour the country sides looking for caches, as well as placing caches. One of these organizations used geocaching.com to find some of these lost & forgotten graveyards. Sadly though they haven't discovered the fun of geocaching.

By having a cemetery attribute. It would help those who are looking for cemeteries, to find them easier. Even the lost & unforgotten ones.

TGC

This would be an extremely useful feature to have. Personally, I like cemetery caches but I also don't like finding them at night. I've had cases before where I've gone to find a cache at night and realized it was in a cemetery. This would hopefully help to cut down on unexpected discoveries like that.