SUBMITTED (25050) - [FEATURE] Time/date controlled publishment of caches

texasgrillchef

Suggestion: Time/date controled publishing of caches once approved by a reviewer.

Back when we had a feedback forum. It was suggested, and received LOTS of votes. A suggestion that in the cache submission page, we can set an automatically controled DATE/TIME that the cache will publish, AFTER it has been "marked" aproved by a reveiwer.

I know I would love to see this feature added to geocaching.com

As good as the reviewers are, as much as we appreciate all the good hard work they do. Sometimes they aren't always able to publish our caches in or at a particular time frame that we desire. Sometimes these cacehes relate to a specific day or time, as well as a specific event. An event not always directly refering to a geocaching event either.

I know that many reviewers try very hard to work to try and publish a cache at the requested time/date that the CO would like. But I do believe an automated system like this would make the work load alot easier on a reviewer.

Simply... Cache submission page would have a spot to enter the Date & Time that the CO would like this cache published on. Once the cache has been marked aproved by a reviewer the system will automaticaly pusblish at that date & time.

TGC

I would use the time feature to avoid having new caches go live when the cache location is closed. Many parks around here are closed at night, although the definitions of "at night" vary (e.g., between sunset and sunrise, between 10pm and sunrise, between half an hour after sunset and 8am). There's enough of a problem with after-hours geocaching without encouraging an after-hours FTF race.

Just curious, has this suggestion been implemented? I'm not sure I agree that geocachers themselves should be allowed 100% control of publication time (think pre planned FTF races). But for cases where geocachers provide sound reasons, couldn't the reviewers input publication time, so that they don't have to sit in front of the computer at the agreed time?

Just curious, has this suggestion been implemented? I'm not sure I agree that geocachers themselves should be allowed 100% control of publication time (think pre planned FTF races). But for cases where geocachers provide sound reasons, couldn't the reviewers input publication time, so that they don't have to sit in front of the computer at the agreed time?

They have not given us this feature, however the reviewers do have that capability to release caches at certain dates and times-for example an hour or 2 before(or during) an event. And I'm sure it's automated, because the reviewers would have to be very fast to real publish 100 at one time.

Edited by T.D.M.22

Not sure where this is in the queue, but I like it just for the load it takes off the reviewers. I have an annual event with timed cache releases and currently one reviewer hangs out and publishes the caches at the "launch time".

This would eliminate the need, so that reviewer could, say, attend the event instead 😊.

One thing though, the listing should be LOCKED between the time the reviewer gives it the thumbs up and the time it is published so there are no shenanigans.

Not sure where this is in the queue, but I like it just for the load it takes off the reviewers. I have an annual event with timed cache releases and currently one reviewer hangs out and publishes the caches at the "launch time".

This would eliminate the need, so that reviewer could, say, attend the event instead .

One thing though, the listing should be LOCKED between the time the reviewer gives it the thumbs up and the time it is published so there are no shenanigans.

This feature is already in use by reviewers.

While the player has no control once the review process has completed (which may have been something requested in the OP), as it stands currently, VRs are able to review a listing, lock that listing to prevent any changes pre-publication, and set a publication date (and sometimes even a time!) of that listing in the future. Any changes that need to be made can be effected by sending an email to the VR who reviewed and held your listing for publication.