.urwigo file lost

GeoStoney

Hello everybody,

i have a short question: I created a Wherigo Cartdridge and uploaded it to Wherigo.com. Unfortunately i lost the original .urwigo file. Is there any possibility to "de-compile" the .gwz file to be able to open it in the Urwigo editor? I remember a post here in the forums that i just have to rename the .gwz file but that did not work :(

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Since you own the cartridge, edit the cartridge's information and add Creative Commons rights to it. You can then go onto your cartridge's listing page and download the source. Once you're done, go back to the Creative Commons area and undo the changes. This is the hack to get around not being able to download your own cartridge's source.

The _cartridge.lua in *.gwz you can't import in Urwigo, if the GWZ was compiled with Urwigo !

Only the Lua file from the original GS builder works with the import function of urwigo. Sounds crazy, but this is the fact.

You can reproduce this, if you make a testcartridge in urwigo, compile a gwz, rename to zip, extract the lua and try to import in urwigo > failure. Then make a testcartridge in GS builder, compile a gwz, rename it to zip, extract the lua and import in urwigo > this works. But don't solve your problem :unsure: