[FEATURE] Add ability to delete caches from a bookmark to the API

jholly

The ability to add caches to a bookmark via the API is really great. But many times when maintaining the bookmark it is necessary to delete a cache. Deleting the whole bookmark contents and then re-adding the new list of caches sometimes is not a very attractive option since the individual entries may have comments in the description field.

Edit: try again. I want to delete a subset of caches from an existing bookmark.

Edited by jholly

maybe i'm not getting exactly what you are asking for but why would you delete the entire bookmark instead of using "Bulk Delete"? :unsure:

Isn't deleting the contents of the bookmark the same as bulk delete?

no, not at all...not according to the wording you used in the first post

Deleting the whole bookmark contents and then re-adding the new list of caches sometimes is not a very attractive option since the individual entries may have comments in the description field.

checking the ones you want to delete and hitting "bulk delete" will get rid of the specified caches only not the whole bookmark

maybe i'm not getting exactly what you are asking for but why would you delete the entire bookmark instead of using "Bulk Delete"? :unsure:

Isn't deleting the contents of the bookmark the same as bulk delete?

no, not at all...not according to the wording you used in the first post

Deleting the whole bookmark contents and then re-adding the new list of caches sometimes is not a very attractive option since the individual entries may have comments in the description field.

checking the ones you want to delete and hitting "bulk delete" will get rid of the specified caches only not the whole bookmark

Okay, but if I have a filter in GSAK of the ones I want to delete then I have to bounce between two screens to accomplish the task. Some times the bookmark is 150 or more caches long spanning a couple pages. If I could have an option to delete what is in the filter it would be quicker, easier, and less error prone. Negative comments about GSAK are not appreciated, needed or useful in this context, thank you.

I agree with this idea. In fact, I would like to be able to do everything with bookmark lists from the API as what is possible from the website. This includes creating a new list, deleting a whole list, deleting selected caches, or getting the names of caches contained in the list. I too am a heavy GSAK user and having this functionality in the API would be a big plus.

As an avid user of GSAK I, too, would find this an excellent idea. The ability to add (already possible) and delete (requested for) specific entries to/from the ignore (or potentially any other bookmark) list would be a huge improvement to the API which would make managing these lists and keeping them in sync with third party tools much easier.

In fact, like GeePa, I would go even further than jholly: Let us create/query/delete/add to/delete from bookmark/ignore lists through the API!

+3 votes

Edited by sbeelis