TB hotel

eusty

I've never used one, but now there is one nearby.

I found it today (ftf :)) so I dropped off a tb and took one....but what now?

Is it the 'done' thing to post a note and take one from time to time? Or should you only take one if you drop another? Or do you just take them if you post a found log? (i.e. Only once)

Help!

Is it the 'done' thing to post a note and take one from time to time? Or should you only take one if you drop another? Or do you just take them if you post a found log? (i.e. Only once)

Help!

There is no requirement to trade travel bugs. Feel free to revisit to either pick up or drop off a bug. The hotel should help travelers by keeping them moving which means that it's always open for your assistance.

Just post a Note on a return visit.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Trackables are not the same as swag: You don't have to take one/leave one. If there is a trackable in the hotel and you know that you can help it travel, following its mission (if it has one) then feel free to go and retrieve it.

As BlueDeuce says, do a 'Note' log for any return visits, not another 'Found' log. It is helpful to mention in your cache log the name of any trackable that you pick up - Also mention if any trackable listed in the cache inventory is not there.

And a reminder for anyone moving trackables around: Please don't put the tracking numbers in your logs!

MrsB :)

Help!

I've usually come across Travel Bug Hotels near airports or ferry ports. They are usually substantially sized containers, sited near to this type of transport hub placed there specifically to help travel bugs get abroad or anywhere further on their journey. Anyone who has picked up a TB from elsewhere, say which needs to go abroad can leave it there, safe in the knowledge that any cacher travelling abroad, is likely to look in on their way to the port. So it's perfectly acceptable for anyone who has previously found the cache, and who is going abroad to drop by and pick up any TBs which want to go to the country or continent they are visiting. I quite often check the TB hotel near me before I go abroad and have helped a number of TBs get to the continent in this way.

It's unusual (but not unheard of) to have TB Hotel which is far from a transport hub. I've just checked the one that you've visited. Blimey, it's almost mid way between Hull and Felixstowe for ferries and quite a fair few miles from the nearest airport of any size. It's not like a motorway is particularly close either but of course any cache which helps a TB on its way, can't be bad. I expect it's just to aid general TB movement.

Feel free to drop any TBs you find in there from time to time and if you spot a TB which has languished in there for a while, feel free to pick it up. I'm not sure you can start second-guessing other cachers in your area and deliberately leave the TBs in there for others if you're already passing or in the area. I think a fair thing though is not to hang on to any TB you take from the hotel for any length of time. Don't take one if you won't be caching for a while afterwards.

All you need to do though, is make sure that whenever you visit the cache for the purposes of picking up or dropping off a TB, you log your visit as "Write Note" other wise your find count will be up the spout!

There's also no protocol which says you can't take a TB without leaving one, or can't leave one without taking one in any cache. That kind of restriction (sometimes known as a TB prison or Geocoin jail) is not an accepted limitation which geocaching.com allow on a cache page. Even if you see a cache call TB prison, don't feel pressurised to only take one if you leave one :).